Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I think the main difference on Sat was expectations. I was expecting an atmosphere better than any we had seen , forget the first derby win or Hamburg, we were welcoming home a group players who have brought us success we could never have dreamed of. As it turned out it was a mid to upper atmosphere , not even touching a normal derby match .Not shit but certainly not what the boys deserved

Your miles off with this mate

Think people's ideas of what can be termed as a great atmosphere do differ.

I for one really enjoyed it last night, and thought as a crowd, we did what Pep asked and got behind the team and made some noise.

In particular, during a couple of Newcastle's brief periods of pressure, we did sing and encourage the team, and they did seem to respond!

If we carry on beating ourselves up, and become really obssessive about this, the media and shite pundits /journos have achieved their goal!

Less the atmosphere in the ground but more having the drinks and food being served near the statues… really liked the milling around and having a pint next to the kompany statue rather than being crammed into Summerbees

Most of football comments sections on social media are filled with United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans from India and Nigeria who couldn’t point to their stadiums on a map saying ‘Emptyhad’, ‘Man City have fans, since when? Haha’, ‘warra atmosphere’…

But like always, fans who actually go to games say thing like this bloke (at 1minute 1second):

…you hear it a lot, people who’ve actually been to our ground and are surprised how good the atmosphere is.

Madrid last season in their press:

View attachment 90723

Then Bristol City fans talking about our away support:

View attachment 90724

They always seem surprised.

But no matter how many people are surprised about how good we are, that online trend about our support will never be reversed now. It is online gospel that we have shit fans.

We just have to do our own thing and not worry about some nobody from whatever far flung corner of the world they’re commenting from saying how shit we are.

I have a few United mates and all jokes aside they are good people and passionate, very knowledgeable football fans, we talk about football all the time and in all the years I've known them not once have they ever mentioned "empty seats" or slagged off our atmosphere. We have banter but it's always based on what happens on the field.

Before 2011 I never minded too much about the stick we used to get because it was all true. We were shit and hadn't won anything for 35 years, you couldn't argue. You see a post on Facebook now advertising a concert at the Etihad and I guarantee you will see comments like "at least it will be full for once hahaha" but it's always little twats on social media who know nothing about football. No genuine football fan who knows their stuff will ever come out with that nonsense.

I think one of the important things to note on Saturday was that the fans were always in the game, reating to what was going on (unlike a few games). So there was always good noise/buzz even if no actual chanting (which dried up a bit in the 2nd half, especially the last 20 minutes).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.