Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Chelsea, Spurs, Palace… all 3 we conceded equalising goals in the last minute of added time. We were anlready ‘over the line’. All were due to stupidity or clumsiness by our players. Nothing to do with early leavers. Error prone displays, missing sitters or tackles or just collective stupidity cost 6 points… nothing else.

I don’t really give a bollocks what JRB says or anyone else for that matter, though they are entitled to their opinion and I respect that; I just don’t share it. I’m a season card holder and have supported City for over 50 years. My opinion is based on what happened on the pitch, we messed up when the game was won in each of those games.

Erling didn’t miss 2 sitters v Spurs (1 being an open goal), Ake didn’t fail,to jump with Kulashevski due to the perceived lack of atmosphere. Against Palace, Dias didn’t fail to track the winger in the 74th min (leading 2-0), then Ake failed to tackle the scorer due to the atmosphere. Then in the last min of added time, Eddy didn’t kick it straight into touch, Phil didn’t decide to try and dribble through their midfield and lose possession, then when we regained it, Bernie didn’t try to be clever on the touch line allowing the forward to get into the box and finally Foden stupidly swing a leg (the ball was going out for a goal kick), because of the crowd.

None of this was due to the perceived lack of atmosphere. It was down to poor play/individual errors, nothing more. The atmosphere at The Etihad is great in some games and not so great in others, always been the same.
Brilliantly put, totally agree (with respect to @jrb, who is bang on with a lot of his observations).

Debates like this are what separates this forum from the cesspits that most of them have become.

A lad i worked with was a real Chelsea Chelsea boy, he had been to Arsenal that day for the early kick off. He said that word went round to get to Wimbledon and confront City. He said they had totally underestimated City's firm and got smacked senseless. He himself got a right kicking and got his designer gear wrecked, but he had an attitude of you win some but lose some. Wasn't there myself but my brother was in the thick of it, so got an account of the battle from both sides.
I love a story with a happy ending

Brilliantly put, totally agree (with respect to @jrb, who is bang on with a lot of his observations).

Debates like this are what separates this forum from the cesspits that most of them have become.

+ Levets.

I’ve always stated everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.

Tomorrow will be interesting. Sunday, early kick off, sold out, lots of new fans, young fans, families, cheap tickets, 6000 Huddersfield in SSL3, KDB might play, hopefully goals and a win, let’s see what the atmosphere is like.

I agree to differ.. a good crowd that backs this wonderful team of ours in vocal support when the chips are down and stays till the end is so much more positive for the manager and the team. I strongly believe when we have struggled in games( and we have recently ) the crowd need to lift this team over the line and I believe the draws would have turned into wins. Pep has said it before time and again as has Klopp.. we need our crowd!!! JRB mentions some really good points.. he is a good poster on here like many others.. he cares about the passion of everything blue. That Liverpool crowd is helping them enormously and are right with their team and it’s giving them momentum. Our home support needs to aspire to our amazing away crowd and be like them at home., This City team deserves a good home crowd.win lose or draw. It’s looking like a manc scouse title run in again. I say get behind them.
You're making it sound like our home record is poor.
We've just gone through the whole year of 2023 undefeated at home in all competitions, have Liverpool done that?
I'd be surprised if there's a top level club in world football that has played as many home games undefeated in 2023.
It would be good to see most of our supporters staying to the end of games, but I think our ground location doesn't help.
I go to our game at anfield every time we play them, and always find it easier getting away from the place than the Etihad, and that's after staying till the end. We might be just lucky where we park there.We've yet to find a parking space at our home games to be as easy to get away and we always stay till the end.
You mention liverpools crowd help them enormously, but going off last years record ours must be even better.

You're making it sound like our home record is poor.
We've just gone through the whole year of 2023 undefeated at home in all competitions, have Liverpool done that?
I'd be surprised if there's a top level club in world football that has played as many home games undefeated in 2023.
It would be good to see most of our supporters staying to the end of games, but I think our ground location doesn't help.
I go to our game at anfield every time we play them, and always find it easier getting away from the place than the Etihad, and that's after staying till the end. We might be just lucky where we park there.We've yet to find a parking space at our home games to be as easy to get away and we always stay till the end.
You mention liverpools crowd help them enormously, but going off last years record ours must be even better.

I think it’s a combination of many things. For lots of fans it’s now a habit to leave early to beat the the rush home and the congested traffic around the ground after the match, getting out of the car parks quicker, the poor and over crowded public transport back into town after the match with not enough buses and trams laid on, and having to queue up to get on both, the chance to get back into town earlier to get a drink and food, City being in-front and seeing most games out by playing sideways, backwards, and just keeping the ball, which can be boring and frustrating at times, if we’re honest about it.

I agree to differ.. a good crowd that backs this wonderful team of ours in vocal support when the chips are down and stays till the end is so much more positive for the manager and the team. I strongly believe when we have struggled in games( and we have recently ) the crowd need to lift this team over the line and I believe the draws would have turned into wins. Pep has said it before time and again as has Klopp.. we need our crowd!!! JRB mentions some really good points.. he is a good poster on here like many others.. he cares about the passion of everything blue. That Liverpool crowd is helping them enormously and are right with their team and it’s giving them momentum. Our home support needs to aspire to our amazing away crowd and be like them at home., This City team deserves a good home crowd.win lose or draw. It’s looking like a manc scouse title run in again. I say get behind them.
I agree. While our home atmosphere (like many other clubs) is not that impressive it’s the emptiness the stadium looks and feels before the end of the game that really lets us down as a home fan base. I mean it’s not like we have one of the best teams in the world out there on the pitch is it?

Last edited:
Their love in with Palestine stems from the PLO supplying the IRA with guns and Semtex back in the day, mental as anything
I never knew that but sounds about right.

Im Catholic but I fucking hate Celtic....comes from the Shelbourne friendly in the 90s and their fans.

Should be a good atmosphere today , 6k Huddersfield fans having a day out , they will be noisy and cocky and will attempt to take the piss its standard for the lower league underdogs , and to be fair we did it many times in our sojourns throughout the lower leagues.
If KDB , Haaland and Doku start i am backing another 10-1 ,the alternative is if they do not start , we begin the game slowly then Huddersfield to take an early lead their fans go into delirium and then we grind them down and win 3-1 or 4-1.
Then we can look forward to drawing Wigan in the fourth round tomorrow , we owe them in the FA Cup :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.