Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
This is true, apart from 4/5 people on my row who are season ticket holders, everyone else was a tourist with H&H scarves around them.

Just imagine if they played european fixtures at the weekend? Like they do in Rugby Union. Maybe more season ticket holders would attend.
They play European games at the weekend in Rugby because they have the window for it - there are no Union games midweek.
I'd think moving PL games to midweek to accommodate European games at weekend would piss lots of supporters off

I was in 314 last night entrance L3, nightmare getting into the ground, lots of school trips holding everything up at the turnstyles, one solitary steward trying his best while loads of customers ( not fans) tried jumping into the queue.
A bloke sat next to me , complete with bags of merchandise, asked me where Leipsig were from, I told him Germany, his response was I thought Germany was Bayern Munich, me and my lad just looked at each other and smiled.
During the second half the kids at the top of the stand did try a few songs, fair play for that.
As much as I don't personally like it, tourists and half and half scarfs are here to stay, money is king.

Reactions: PPT
Lots of season card holders turned up last night Lots didn’t. Those who weren’t able to go missed a brilliant contest.

Two tourists next to me who go behind the lads. The more the merrier compared to having empty seats. It was easy to pick up a pair of tickets for £30 through the face value pages so no excuse if peole say they could t get tickets.

I would have like to hear the Edin Dzeko song last night but you can’t have everything.

Lots of season card holders turned up last night Lots didn’t. Those who weren’t able to go missed a brilliant contest.

Two tourists next to me who go behind the lads. The more the merrier compared to having empty seats. It was easy to pick up a pair of tickets for £30 through the face value pages so no excuse if peole say they could t get tickets.

I would have like to hear the Edin Dzeko song last night but you can’t have everything.
It was sang at least once ......not very loud admittedly

I thought that was embarrasing last night. Someone told me the team need to lift the fans and whilst partly true I also think the fans need to inspire the team that wasnt happening last night no way.
I guess we're letting in they who pay the most and not proper passionate fans. Well thats the result of that shit. (Im quite bitter since being priced out of it all and never being able to get tickets nowadays)

I thought that was embarrasing last night. Someone told me the team need to lift the fans and whilst partly true I also think the fans need to inspire the team that wasnt happening last night no way.
I guess we're letting in they who pay the most and not proper passionate fans. Well thats the result of that shit. (Im quite bitter since being priced out of it all and never being able to get tickets nowadays)
Thousands of free school tickets last night.....the away section in level 3 was rammed with them.

Loads of cheap tickets were available mate....try getting one if you can off here

Last night was horrific, but not sure what people expect. The game didn't have too much on the line. The group stages of the champions league are quite boring for us because we always qualify easily.

I was in my usual seat and honestly, I recognised 2 people on the rows around me. No regulars there. Let's not blame the tourists because if it wasn't for them the stadium would have been empty!!

Leipzig fans were the worst European supporters I've seen at the Etihad.

The regulars around 115 were doing our best to get it going, but many there didn't know any words (or didn't want to get involved in singing).

Let's move on.... Sunday will be better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.