Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Felt like more movement was seen in our stewarding than the game, early on.
Heard people comment that there were less tourists in the South Stand, and that the ball boys looked equally less up for the game than the away team. Heard someone sneeze, way down the rows, which was a first.
Pretty quiet atmosphere but the business end of the season approaches and 3 more games this month. Mustn't grumble.

The few Terriers I met were nice enough. It being Sundaym, they were probably more miffed about missing prime TV on the way 'ome.

_129870459_lastofthesummer1.jpg.webp

It was always going to be difficult today, especially with them having the whole of ss3. When in full voice and the roof above it’s very difficult to be louder. Thought we were decent at times, but for me it showed why a proper home end is so important.

I’ve seen the video that’s been mentioned above. It’s basically a young kid in a city shirt getting punched in the face. Yorkshire twats targeting kids! They never do it against people their own size
I think he got potted in the head as well

Huddersfield fans were shit considering how many there were and how they can’t have gone with any real expectations of winning, and our fans were fairly decent considering there was no jeopardy and it was a bit of a stroll.

I also went to Stamford Bridge yesterday in the Preston end and it was a good demonstration of how shit home fans can be when they’re much better than the visitors. Not a peep from them apart from celebrating their goals whereas Preston’s support was non-stop and loud - far better than Huddersfield today in similar circumstances.

We might complain about how quiet we are sometimes but we’re by no means as bad as some.
Have to agree, wasn't over impressed with Udders fans considering how many they had there. They made a bit of noise on their rare attacks, but didn't seem to sing much apart from 'Is this a library' 'WWYWYWS' etc...how original is that! Got to say I was expecting the 'you're shit, ahhh' from them also when Ortega took goalkicks (not that he had to take many!)
The booing of injured players(one who went off injured) was different, their songs weren't!
Atmosphere was probably as expected from City fans, played some good stuff but a fairly routine victory, so it was never really going to be that great (as would have been the case with most Premier league teams beating teams from lower divisions). Great reception for KDB though.

Huddersfield fans about as small-time as I've seen. Didn't sing any songs about themselves or their players, it was all football in a library and shall we sing a song for you.

Our atmosphere was okay considering the game and definitely picked up in the 2nd half, not quite to the level that it did against Sheffield last week though.

I really do think games like this provide a solid argument for the extension to be an atmospheric end. When Huddersfield actually decided to sing (Not very often), they were louder than our fans in SS1 ever are. It's just the acoustics.

Overall I'd say 6/10
The Huddersfield fans were snalll-time and classlesss and not particularly loud considering the size of their following. Booing injured players is a bit pathetic. They didn't get behind their team.

EDIT; Having now seen the video of the young City fan being glassed. I would also add that, as well as being classless, the Huddersfield fans are also cowardly animals.

Last edited:
Great to see so many youngsters there, start them young and grab them for life.
Completely agree. Affordable pricing and a weekend kick off make a massive difference to that.

You don’t see large amounts of families at league games and there are never as many tourists at cup games compared to champions league games

+ Levets.

I’ve always stated everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.

Tomorrow will be interesting. Sunday, early kick off, sold out, lots of new fans, young fans, families, cheap tickets, 6000 Huddersfield in SSL3, KDB might play, hopefully goals and a win, let’s see what the atmosphere is like.
@jrb No worries mate, I wasn’t digging you out…
I was having ago at the poster referencing you and your opinions as a means of trying to dismiss/play down my comments. Have a read at the post I responded to and then read my response and you’ll see what I mean.

Last edited:
Have to agree, wasn't over impressed with Udders fans considering how many they had there. They made a bit of noise on their rare attacks, but didn't seem to sing much apart from 'Is this a library' 'WWYWYWS' etc...how original is that! Got to say I was expecting the 'you're shit, ahhh' from them also when Ortega took goalkicks (not that he had to take many!)
The booing of injured players(one who went off injured) was different, their songs weren't!
Atmosphere was probably as expected from City fans, played some good stuff but a fairly routine victory, so it was never really going to be that great (as would have been the case with most Premier league teams beating teams from lower divisions). Great reception for KDB though.
‘Where were you when you were shit’….they sang.
‘Scoring ten when we were shit’.. Was the response… beautiful. They actually applauded,

The Huddersfield fans were snalll-time and classlesss and not particularly loud considering the size of their following. Booing injured players is a bit pathetic. They didn't get behind their team.

EDIT; Having now seen the video of the young City fan being glassed. I would also add that, as well as being classless, the Huddersfield fans are also cowardly animals.
I didn’t go today but I’m perfectly happy to concur with your opinion of the Huddersfield fans’ contribution to the atmosphere.

The perpetrator of the attack you reference is of course a cowardly thug but he’s not representative of their fan base as a whole

Everywhere you go in life you’ll find the occasional ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.