Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Regarding Crystal Palace, I had to turn the volume down the other night. The tuneless droning sound and drums are just awful!

I’d have loved to be at game last night but the organised ‘support’, and the siren, would have driven me mad.
Same, I had to completely mute the game against red star belgrade because of how awful it sounded. I don't get the appeal...

I am yes, as well as many from all over Europe.

I believe in inclusivity don't get me wrong, but I also believe in loyalty. The fact is there were blues on 11k points who missed out on this one.

And no we're not talking 1-2 tickets going to OSC's, we're talking about hundreds.

There were people trying to get into the away end wearing copenhagen shirts for gods sake

See this is a problem, but I also feel like this is a problem UEFA have created with mixing of home and away fans.

I agree on the OSC's part Its ridiculous here for games in England never mind abroad matches.

Someone who is part of a OSC can get dibs on tickets yet rarely goes whilst now I struggle for away tickets because I stopped buying them for a few years.

Barely heard a peep from our end on the radio or tv last night. Why the discrepancy between the incessant din Euro fans make virtually every time at our place and the relative quiet of our away followings in Europe ?

Dunno if it’s true that people are slumped on their seats barely awake after a day or two on the booze but if they are why not just go for a city break and let a fan who’ll actually back the team have a ticket instead.

The average age of away fans on European nights at our place is about 30 years younger than that of our away fans in Europe. That’s a big factor and a recurring problem in our atmosphere issue.

Barely heard a peep from our end on the radio or tv last night. Why the discrepancy between the incessant din Euro fans make virtually every time at our place and the relative quiet of our away followings in Europe ?

Dunno if it’s true that people are slumped on their seats barely awake after a day or two on the booze but if they are why not just go for a city break and let a fan who’ll actually back the team have a ticket instead.

The average age of away fans on European nights at our place is about 30 years younger than that of our away fans in Europe. That’s a big factor and a recurring problem in our atmosphere issue.
Think you’ll find mate anyone who is willing to follow our club through Europe can choose to spend it however they want.

It’s also a costly experience me and my mates cherry pick roughly two euro games a season due to holidays and cost. We’re in our 20’s.

So far this season we haven’t had the opportunity for a decent away end in Europe due to who we have drawn.
European trips are about the lads you go with and having a laugh winning the game is an added bonus.

We are by no means the quietest English team in Europe nor is the atmosphere and issue when it matters we are loud.To say give it to a fan who will make noise is nonsense, anyone who travels around Europe to watch us are some of the most dedicated and should be celebrated.

So to put it short we take good numbers and those who go know we have a good laugh and drink nothing up with our following IMO.

Just like PL aways when the games a dead rubber can be hard for it to be bouncing.

Point your finger a the club and whatever packages they are filling away ends with instead.

Think you’ll find mate anyone who is willing to follow our club through Europe can choose to spend it however they want.

It’s also a costly experience me and my mates cherry pick roughly two euro games a season due to holidays and cost. We’re in our 20’s.

So far this season we haven’t had the opportunity for a decent away end in Europe due to who we have drawn.
European trips are about the lads you go with and having a laugh winning the game is an added bonus.

We are by no means the quietest English team in Europe nor is the atmosphere and issue when it matters we are loud.To say give it to a fan who will make noise is nonsense, anyone who travels around Europe to watch us are some of the most dedicated and should be celebrated.

So to put it short we take good numbers and those who go know we have a good laugh and drink nothing up with our following IMO.

Just like PL aways when the games a dead rubber can be hard for it to be bouncing.

Point your finger a the club and whatever packages they are filling away ends with instead.
Agree that you pays your money and you takes your choice, I’m not tryna be the atmosphere police.

But if we’re looking for reasons why the atmosphere is sometimes flat then it’s right to discuss the cohort of away fans there.

My main point as always is that our support needs rejuvenating by involving much younger fans like yourself. There’s got to be a balance struck between rewarding guys who’ve done the hard yards and bringing in younger more energetic more boisterous fans to boost the atmosphere.

I am yes, as well as many from all over Europe.

I believe in inclusivity don't get me wrong, but I also believe in loyalty. The fact is there were blues on 11k points who missed out on this one.

And no we're not talking 1-2 tickets going to OSC's, we're talking about hundreds.

There were people trying to get into the away end wearing copenhagen shirts for gods sake
My lad was there and said it was about 30% non regulars/tourists in his opinion.

Agree that you pays your money and you takes your choice, I’m not tryna be the atmosphere police.

But if we’re looking for reasons why the atmosphere is sometimes flat then it’s right to discuss the cohort of away fans there.

My main point as always is that our support needs rejuvenating by involving much younger fans like yourself. There’s got to be a balance struck between rewarding guys who’ve done the hard yards and bringing in younger more energetic more boisterous fans to boost the atmosphere.
I accept your point i enjoy it more when it’s bouncing, however the balence you speak about will always leave someone agreaved.

Realistically 18-25 for Europe has little impact until the later rounds as most in this age group will rely on parents or simply won’t have the income to drop £500-700 on a trip.

I’m sure I’m not the only one though who has noticed in the last couple years with our recent success the age demographic has got younger at home games at least. (It needed to) give it another 10 years and it may very well be the case.

But as also stated my old man and his mates come with us and they enjoy an atmosphere and drink just as much age doesn’t =noise necessarily .

Ultimately my view is the good European aways will always been the sunny destinations or ones with the easiest transport links. The lack of atmosphere is primarily down to cost or the club allocating tickets elsewhere which get into the wrong hands.
Maybe they should look at spreading tickets throughout so there isn’t one large pocket of first time blues who don’t know lyrics. ( let’s face the music the club won’t change how they do the tickets they benefit far to much from it)

….Slow work day for me today thought I’d add my 2 p

Some of us FOCs like getting hammered here’s to getting in Spoons in Stalybridge before 12 on Saturday …. Be lucky to get a word let alone a Fri kin song out of me come 5-30

See this is a problem, but I also feel like this is a problem UEFA have created with mixing of home and away fans.

I agree on the OSC's part Its ridiculous here for games in England never mind abroad matches.

Someone who is part of a OSC can get dibs on tickets yet rarely goes whilst now I struggle for away tickets because I stopped buying them for a few years.
The OSC debate has been done to death on here and no matter what your stance is on it:

How come British OSC's were only receiving 1-2 tickets, yet European OSC's were receiving an absolute load?

Apparently MK only got 2 tickets when they had 15 applications, yet I saw a good 20 people yesterday who were from the same supporters club in Poland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.