Atmosphere 2024/25

Why on Earth would you group all the away fans into one massive chunk? They’d make a fucking right racket doing that with 3,000 of them all together.

We’re getting a proper home end when the new North Stand opens next year.

Keep the away fans in that little slither across three tiers, it breaks them up nicely and disjoints their singing with no tier ever singing the same song at the same time as each other (plus that’s where the Police want them anyway).
One massive chunk eh ?

Arguably the worst location in the stadium for views and atmosphere.

Low down, spread round a right angle/corner flag.

It's where we can't hear our own 'singing section 'fans !!

As for the police, who the hell would trust GMPs judgement or decision making on anything ?

There is no weakening of security, segregation, H & S, logistics, coach transport etc.

However safety is improved by not having dangerous missiles rained down from height on City fans below.

Two City ends are better than one !!

One massive chunk eh ?

Arguably the worst location in the stadium for views and atmosphere.

Low down, spread round a right angle/corner flag.

It's where we can't hear our own 'singing section 'fans !!

As for the police, who the hell would trust GMPs judgement or decision making on anything ?

There is no weakening of security, segregation, H & S, logistics, coach transport etc.

However safety is improved by not having dangerous missiles rained down from height on City fans below.

Two City ends are better than one !!
City away are at our best at grounds where the away section is in the corner: United away, Leicester away (Arsenal and Spurs away less so because the away end is full of tourists at those two grounds these days)… are places where the away section is in the corner (or close to it at places like Villa, Everton, Palace etc.) and City fans make a total racket, out singing the home fans regularly.

The corner of grounds is a great view and also gives the advantage of bringing the people on the edges of the away sections closer together so they can hear each other and it’s one coherent group of noise.

From 2003 to about 2018ish, the home blocks of 109-111 at the Etihad was the best place for atmosphere at City, even coined the unofficial nickname of ‘Kippax Corner’.

City away are at our best at grounds where the away section is in the corner: United away, Leicester away (Arsenal and Spurs away less so because the away end is full of tourists at those two grounds these days)… are places where the away section is in the corner (or close to it at places like Villa, Everton, Palace etc.) and City fans make a total racket, out singing the home fans regularly.

The corner of grounds is a great view and also gives the advantage of bringing the people on the edges of the away sections closer together so they can hear each other and it’s one coherent group of noise.

From 2003 to about 2018ish, the home blocks of 109-111 at the Etihad was the best place for atmosphere at City, even coined the unofficial nickname of ‘Kippax Corner’.
Not sure about that, 2003 to 2018 the family stand made more noise than the lot of you, the problem is not location and it shouldn't matter where they put away fans. Since we arrived at the Etihad the fans singing areas have become competitive with each other instead of competing with the away fans we seem to compete with each other, starting different chants instead of joining in.
I know back in the day on the Kippax we would shout, North stand give us a song! but when it mattered we were one, I've never felt this at the Etihad, could be just me but that's how I feel,

It never really got going last season though did it although tbf the game didn't help
I think if we'd made the breakthrough last year it would've been fantastic, but unfortunately everyone was so tense it never really got going.

We're early in the season this time around so I'm hoping there won't be the same amount of tension, and people just sing their hearts out.

If we make a breakthrough today it'll be electric

I agree. It was the treble winning season when it was amazing. One of the best home atmospheres I’ve heard in a while

Yes everything came together that season. Loads of new songs got started which people liked singing ‘follow you everywhere’, ‘follow follow’, ‘Istanbul song (walker and Akanji). Atmospheres at home were great but also away at places like Bristol, Southampton, Bournemouth were outstanding. Great season on and off the pitch.

Yes everything came together that season. Loads of new songs got started which people liked singing ‘follow you everywhere’, ‘follow follow’, ‘Istanbul song (walker and Akanji). Atmospheres at home were great but also away at places like Bristol, Southampton, Bournemouth were outstanding. Great season on and off the pitch.
We relaxed a bit as a set of fans last season.

I think we’ll be more up for it again this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.