Atmosphere 2024/25

Unfortunately I sit in the north stand and can hear the away fans louder than the home fans far too much of the time. That has nothing to do with acoustics. There are more city fans in the SS than away fans.
It should be the other way around.
I realise away fans tend to get behind teams more and not having a go but I just don’t think it’s down to the stadium
City fans only in SS1/2/3.

Away fans down in ES1/SS, the least acoustic area in the stadium !!

People expecting the club to even consider moving away fans, making SS3 all safe standing and so on are living in cloud cuckoo land. The logistics of moving thousands of current SC holders to new locations would be extremely difficult and the only reason the club would do so would be to generate more revenue (as with previous forced relocations from L2). They certainly aren't going to do it to see if it makes the atmosphere a bit better without a penny more to show for it.
The club will be assisting fans to relocate to the expanded NS2 and other currant fans to relocate to their seats
etc etc.

Don't be so nieve as to spout that all the fans in NS 2 will be new fans.

Bollocks & Cuckoo !!

I'm happy to agree to differ, and yes it's an English football problem, even if the media thinks it's only us!

I've been to enough stadiums around the country to see what a good stadium setup can do to an atmosphere.

Wolves are a good example of this, very average support but their stadium setup allows them to make an absolute racket at times
Is it the dome shape perhaps?

Brentford etc have low flat roof so it will bounce not dissipate. Not sure how you fix it.

I find it odd that we set ourselves up to be measured against an impossible ideal metric. Football is changing and as we know there’ll be even more games this season. This against a back drop of being able to recall a close season without an international tournament. Peter Schmeichel was running his mouth off about our atmosphere being poor v Inter, in a game that was early season and didn’t really have any consequences for defeat. The Arsenal game was in a competition that mattered and even with the shit kick off time and shit weather the atmosphere was pretty good. Who knew? No doubt everyone will scratch their heads when the atmosphere v Watford on Tuesday is poor.

I suppose it’s a bit like sex. If you know it’s once a week on a Sunday morning you can be Ron Jeremy every time. If it’s every day then you have to accept a John Major performance from time to time.

Everybody has a life at work or other hobbies. You can’t be a full time football fan and with the amount of football on offer then fans will naturally become discerning. You can’t be “up” for every single game. It’s a stupid myth.
Legend
IMG_7234.gif

Is it the dome shape perhaps?

Brentford etc have low flat roof so it will bounce not dissipate. Not sure how you fix it.
I believe it's more a case of positioning. If our main singers were all in SS3 under the roof, then we would make an absolute racket. Unfortunately in SS1 the noise just doesn't carry.

That's why it's crucial we make the new North Stand a proper home end

I believe it's more a case of positioning. If our main singers were all in SS3 under the roof, then we would make an absolute racket. Unfortunately in SS1 the noise just doesn't carry.

That's why it's crucial we make the new North Stand a proper home end
Well it's going to to bit like a circumcised kop so hopefully get some faithful under there and make it a noise machine. Wishful thinking anyway. Since the chanting areas are in spite of the away fans.

Maybe first dibs go to 1894 members and make it like Madrids area behind the goal. Letting those who want to sing sit together seems the only way forward.

It's good from a commercial perspective as well, atmosphere brings hype, interest and more new fans.

Acoustics -:

In concert halls, theatres,arena's, stadiums etc acoustic speakers are stacked vertically NOT horizontally.

Any idea why ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.