Atmosphere 2024/25

be no change when that is built.

Will still have half hearted support from all 4 sides
That’s what it is. I sit in ESL3 and it’s been wank up there since the treble winning season. I don’t understand going to a football game and not showing any emotion. The atmosphere during the second half was wank and I feel like it didn’t help the players at all.

That’s what it is. I sit in ESL3 and it’s been wank up there since the treble winning season. I don’t understand going to a football game and not showing any emotion. The atmosphere during the second half was wank and I feel like it didn’t help the players at all.

Apart from a few years of myself being banned by GMP my family have always sat in the Colin Bell Level 3.

80% of the time it's just people having a moan with the odd chant thrown in.

Like you said, the treble winning season was different.

be no change when that is built.

Will still have half hearted support from all 4 sides
If the new stand creates more availability for STs and cheaper tickets it could shake things up. There are lively local Blues who you see at fan zones, pubs, parades who aren’t getting in the ground enough currently and we do need more of that energy in the stadium. But if the club gets it wrong on pricing etc it will be an opportunity missed.

Apart from a few years of myself being banned by GMP my family have always sat in the Colin Bell Level 3.

80% of the time it's just people having a moan with the odd chant thrown in.

Like you said, the treble winning season was different.
It’s more fun singing and shouting at the top of your voice. The boring fuckers who sit down all the game looking miserable as fuck

If the new stand creates more availability for STs and cheaper tickets it could shake things up. There are lively local Blues who you see at fan zones, pubs, parades who aren’t getting in the ground enough currently and we do need more of that energy in the stadium. But if the club gets it wrong on pricing etc it will be an opportunity missed.

bloke next to me is on a value season ticket. over £300 a season. I'm paying nearly 900 quid for the same section.

Needs addressing. The club dont need to price fans out.

Hopefully it will allow fans to go more.

I think you’ve made some really good points. I’ve noticed that at parades as well. There’s thousands of local blues who for whatever reason are unable to regularly attend games. I was talking to lads who went for years, but none of them went to the last day game.

we could easily fill the north stand with those fans. The club don’t seemingly want those people in the ground though. Short term thinking in my opinion, as it’s those fans who make up the core of our fan base no matter what division we are in.

The lack of atmosphere is nothing to do with the configuration of the stadium and 100% to do with the half hearted support of the fans in the stands.

We need to stop agonising about the new NS L2 being a 'home end' and start making some noise wherever we are sat.
I agree there is a lot of half hearted support in the stands, but to say that "lack of atmosphere is nothing to do with the configuration of the stadium" is simply wrong.

I sit in 232 and it's very often impossible to know who to join in with, as you have SS1, Kippax Corner and SS3 all singing completely different songs. Throw in the away fans and it just sounds like a mess of noise.

The point in the NS2 home end is that if everyone is singing in one voice, then it also makes it easier for the rest of the ground to join in.

I agree there is a lot of half hearted support in the stands, but to say that "lack of atmosphere is nothing to do with the configuration of the stadium" is simply wrong.

I sit in 232 and it's very often impossible to know who to join in with, as you have SS1, Kippax Corner and SS3 all singing completely different songs. Throw in the away fans and it just sounds like a mess of noise.

The point in the NS2 home end is that if everyone is singing in one voice, then it also makes it easier for the rest of the ground to join in.
We'll have to agree to differ.

One if the worst stadium configurations I've ever seen is at PSG. At both ends the home fans are miles from the pitch and yet the atmosphere is sensational.

It's not just us, it's the whole of English football.

We'll have to agree to differ.

One if the worst stadium configurations I've ever seen is at PSG. At both ends the home fans are miles from the pitch and yet the atmosphere is sensational.

It's not just us, it's the whole of English football.
I'm happy to agree to differ, and yes it's an English football problem, even if the media thinks it's only us!

I've been to enough stadiums around the country to see what a good stadium setup can do to an atmosphere.

Wolves are a good example of this, very average support but their stadium setup allows them to make an absolute racket at times

No it is nothing to do with me but I simply do not get why so many people and there were hundreds and hundreds leaving on 80.
The team needed all of our support yesterday. Sort of get it if we are 3 up at home to a team who aren't a rival but against Arsenal losing 1-2. Would you leave a movie 10 to 15 mins before the end?
Truly a bizarre phenomenon which doesn't just affect our club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.