Atmosphere 2024/25

Thought the FC Twente fans were alright. There was a back and forth between two different groups, some in Colin Bell and another in SS. Bit confused, the city fans in SS chanted "who the fuckin hell are you?"
Next thing we are all clapping "if you all hate Untied"

FC Twente are my Dutch team. I began supporting FC Twente because I liked their club name. I saw them play Ajax in Amsterdam. I plan to go and watch one of their home matches in the future.

Thought the FC Twente fans were alright. There was a back and forth between two different groups, some in Colin Bell and another in SS. Bit confused, the city fans in SS chanted "who the fuckin hell are you?"
Next thing we are all clapping "if you all hate Untied"
Must admit I was one of them I was somewhat confused, makes sense now, some good bants with some of the Watford supporters also..

Really enjoyed the atmosphere on Sunday, 116 was in good voice and the jeopardy was edge of the seat stuff. It's not all about singing, it's about engaging and being absorbed in the action.

Bumped into a couple of young Tarquins on way home. They commented on how "rock" it is at our place (means tough apparently). Getting shit from both sides in Level 1, leaving the ground, threats, coins, spitting. Had to call them out on the last two, but they were adamant. But, they also commented on how loud we were and how much better it is at the Etihad than at Clanfield, the swamp and even Spuds.

I think we lose sight of how it feels for away fans at City because we"re too busy fretting about the odd empty seat, timing the early leavers, tutting when a clappy song starts and whinging about what time the young 'uns go for their half time pint.

We never used to take ourselves this seriously and didn't give a fuck what anyone thought of us. We've gone a bit...well, soft really...and a bit arsey over shit that really doesn't matter.

Ta.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere on Sunday, 116 was in good voice and the jeopardy was edge of the seat stuff. It's not all about singing, it's about engaging and being absorbed in the action.

Bumped into a couple of young Tarquins on way home. They commented on how "rock" it is at our place (means tough apparently). Getting shit from both sides in Level 1, leaving the ground, threats, coins, spitting. Had to call them out on the last two, but they were adamant. But, they also commented on how loud we were and how much better it is at the Etihad than at Clanfield, the swamp and even Spuds.

I think we lose sight of how it feels for away fans at City because we"re too busy fretting about the odd empty seat, timing the early leavers, tutting when a clappy song starts and whinging about what time the young 'uns go for their half time pint.

We never used to take ourselves this seriously and didn't give a fuck what anyone thought of us. We've gone a bit...well, soft really...and a bit arsey over shit that really doesn't matter.

Ta.
Heard a few sets of fans say the Etihad is the worst ground in the country for getting pelted with coins by City fans from either side.

There was a story in Brum’s local paper of Villa fans there on the final day in 2022–23 saying it was frightening being at the Etihad that day.

Heard a few sets of fans say the Etihad is the worst ground in the country for getting pelted with coins by City fans from either side.

There was a story in Brum’s local paper of Villa fans there on the final day in 2022–23 saying it was frightening being at the Etihad that day.
With all the cameras and cctv etc that’s hard to believe

Ta.

Dodge.

I’ve always said/posted, being in the away end on SSL1 is like being in a bear pit

SSL1 on one side. 111, 110, 109 on the other side. Stands above you, looming down on you. When all of those blocks and stands start singing and give you shit, it’s intimidating. I’ve seen countless away fans from numerous clubs in the SSL1 away end wither and just look around in awe. There isn’t an away end like it in the PL.

With all the cameras and cctv etc that’s hard to believe
Seen seats, programmes (folded up, they’re like a stone!), bottles of coke, lighters, vapes, coins and smoke bombs lobbed into the away section from 110-111 over the years.

Not as bad as Zagreb fans who were pissing in bottles and throwing them top-less (the bottles not the fans) at City fans, loads of lads getting soaked with piss. That was when a seat went flying into their end because City fans were sick of the piss flying over.

A seat also went into the away end with United fans there at a derby last decade.

And not forgetting that ShowSec lad who got pelted with tonnes of screwed up paper from a display for telling fans to sit down and trying to kick someone out.

FC Twente are my Dutch team. I began supporting FC Twente because I liked their club name. I saw them play Ajax in Amsterdam. I plan to go and watch one of their home matches in the future.
They was a joy to watch last night for sure is there a connection to City ?

Seen seats, programmes (folded up, they’re like a stone!), bottles of coke, lighters, vapes, coins and smoke bombs lobbed into the away section from 110-111 over the years.

Not as bad as Zagreb fans who were pissing in bottles and throwing them top-less (the bottles not the fans) at City fans, loads of lads getting soaked with piss. That was when a seat went flying into their end because City fans were sick of the piss flying over.

A seat also went into the away end with United fans there at a derby last decade.

And not forgetting that ShowSec lad who got pelted with tonnes of screwed up paper from a display for telling fans to sit down and trying to kick someone out.
As you say over the years, these days it’s totally different.

You’ll never take The Kippax….

As expected due to the nature of the game but besides SS, it was absolutely dead tonight.
Full of tourists and people taking selfies most the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.