Atmosphere 2024/25

I find it crazy how much our atmosphere is talked about in the media when almost every ground in English is pin drop silent most weeks
Anything negative about City quickly gains traction and gets clicks and retweets etc.

I’ve been as critical as anybody about the clubs pricing policies, and treatment of fans in general, and last night was a joke.

However, the atmosphere was OK for an early Champions League game, it will be no different at Anfield or the Emirates, possibly be different at Villa because it’s their first time in 40 odd years. The difference is atmosphere won’t be discussed at these other clubs because negativity towards Liverpool and Arsenal doesn’t score the hits like it does City.

It’s pathetic and it’s a race to the bottom journalism, much like the reporting of the charges, but unfortunately this is where we are as a society I’m afraid.

Was I in the wrong stadium last night.

Wasn't the noisiest from us, but had a go at times, but fuck me Inter were poor.

Schmeichel proper bitter about City still after his son was let go
I really respected Schmeichel for his performances for us in the 2002/3 season but since then the man has morphed into a total, complete and utter ****.

All the other Clubs don’t have hundreds of fans saying the atmosphere is going to be crap at their home ground
We probably are too hard on ourselves Tim. While it's frustrating when folk don't make an effort, we can't swallow the narrative. Even at Dortmund outside the Yellow Wall you'll see people sat there in silence. Same in Italian grounds, same in Spain. And as for clubs who get a free pass over here - Newcastle, Everton, they're not better than us. Arsenal and the Rags certainly not. Rarely hear a peep out of Liverpool beyond YNWA and their own name. At least our songs are funny

I really respected Schmeichel for his performances for us in the 2002/3 season but since then the man has morphed into a total, complete and utter ****.
He actually babbles incoherent nonsense when he’s giving his views as well. One of the worst pundits on TV, and that is saying something.

We probably are too hard on ourselves Tim. While it's frustrating when folk don't make an effort, we can't swallow the narrative. Even at Dortmund outside the Yellow Wall you'll see people sat there in silence. Same in Italian grounds, same in Spain. And as for clubs who get a free pass over here - Newcastle, Everton, they're not better than us. Arsenal and the Rags certainly not. Rarely hear a peep out of Liverpool beyond YNWA and their own name. At least our songs are funny
I agree jazzyblue. I though South Stand Level 1 were great last night.

I also agree with your wider point. I have seen Atalanta several times and it’s been great !I was in the Atalanta end at the swamp a couple of years and the atmosphere was dead for the most part. At Leeds I riled the dirty rags by waving an Atalanta Leeds flag.

Last edited:
He actually babbles incoherent nonsense when he’s giving his views as well. One of the worst pundits on TV, and that is saying something.
Probably why Match of The Day fucked him off years ago - he must have been bad.

NEVER EVER use that kit as a primary kit again.

It may be popular for the shirt wearers and Oasis fans but never for our first choice on Champions League games.

An astonishing decision for our brand makers !!

NEVER NEVER NEVER !!
I said to a couple of mates last night that we should always wear our home shirt at home.

I like that shirt BTW, even though it looks like Swizzels sweets on a mad acid trip : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.