Atmosphere at eastlands

as i always say the poznan gets the atmosphere going more i think, gets the family stand going more anyway - i was also thinking that i maybe good to split the south stand singers up a bit for a change and try, stick them near the north stand to split the sound at either end and it may sound better, as the north stand, east and west will sing more

might be clarkied here but tuesdays atmosphere was amazing!!!!!
everyone and i mean everyone(even me,i dont like it that much) was doing the poznan after stoke "attempted" to do it but we all showed them, singing all the time etc.. clapping the lads when they went on a lap of honour

great last home game but i think am being clarkied here..

The only time Eastlands has had what would've been construed as a great atmosphere at Maine Rd was against Hamburg.

The semi final was exceptional due to the magnitude of the match and probably beats any atmosphere I've ever been in

There have been several occasions, derbies, Arsenal 4-2, when it was good.

Tuesday's atmosphere was better than usual but a notch below good by Maine Rd standards

Many factors are to blame for the lack of atmosphere the main one being that the demographic has changed considerably. There are a growing number of fans who are simply less passionate in their support and this manifests itself in a lack of noise.

The old days are gone and won't come back sad to say.

bluebannana said:
we need all the nutcases that went in the semi final to start going again, loads of lads i know dont have season tickets, were the working class hardcore that youst to go- the singers, Ive been thinking about this alot most the people that went to the final youst to go, cant afford to go now, or wthever reason, you saw it with the hamburg game- the working class fans went, thats why the atmosphere was so good

I wonder how they could somehow afford the semi-final, final and Hamburg games but not regular games (surprised they got tickets for the final while many loyal season ticket holders missed out).

Maybe these lovely working class types aren't quite as hardcore as they 'youst' to be.

Atmosphere was great on Tuesday and class has nothing to do with how loud one is.

Edit: OP - learn how to quote!!!

I read the average age of supporters at city is 43. With all the will in the world you won't sing as much at 43 as 19.
Kids these days would rather spend 50 notes on coke than go city

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

In the last few years of Maine Road most of the singing came from the North Stand next to the away fans. At CoMS it's moved to the South Stand next to the away fans.

It's a myth that the atmosphere was always rocking at Maine Road. There were a lot of very quiet days there especially in the 80's.

bluesince1969 said:
I read the average age of supporters at city is 43. With all the will in the world you won't sing as much at 43 as 19.
Kids these days would rather spend 50 notes on coke than go city

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sounds like good stuff.

Tuesdays atmosphere was ok, as it has been for most of season.
We sing loads of songs, just doesnt have the volume at times. We sing more songs per match than the majority of other teams (everton, liverpool, fulham, arsenal, blackburn, villa, brum etc)
I like the away fans where they are, it gets a load of banter going and i think helps to stoke up the city atmosphere.
IMO i would attempt to extend the singing sections - designate both sides of the away fans singing sections (upper and lower tier) and work on getting the upper tiers in these sections more involved. I would extend the section in the east stand. I think having a singing coming from both sides of the away fans has helped.
Come on City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.