Atmosphere at eastlands

Gingers Dad said:
In the last few years of Maine Road most of the singing came from the North Stand next to the away fans. At CoMS it's moved to the South Stand next to the away fans.

It's a myth that the atmosphere was always rocking at Maine Road. There were a lot of very quiet days there especially in the 80's.

At last some one else that can actually remember that very often the atmosphere in Maine Road was flat (mackems taunting us with 3 nil and you still wont sing etc).
The age of the fanbase also has an effect, as at 42 i am not going to be bouncing up and down for 90 minutes like I would have done 20+ years ago, but still get behind the team.
As for moving the away fans to tier three, why should we give the best seats in the ground to the away fans? Then there would be the segragation issues and the danger of some of them lobbing stuff on Blues below etc.
If the team are playing good stuff the atmosphere will continue to improve, though a smoking section for fans at some parts of the ground and cheaper ale would also help (get people into the ground instead of Mary D's the Townley etc).

law74 said:
Gingers Dad said:
In the last few years of Maine Road most of the singing came from the North Stand next to the away fans. At CoMS it's moved to the South Stand next to the away fans.

It's a myth that the atmosphere was always rocking at Maine Road. There were a lot of very quiet days there especially in the 80's.

At last some one else that can actually remember that very often the atmosphere in Maine Road was flat (mackems taunting us with 3 nil and you still wont sing etc).
The age of the fanbase also has an effect, as at 42 i am not going to be bouncing up and down for 90 minutes like I would have done 20+ years ago, but still get behind the team.
As for moving the away fans to tier three, why should we give the best seats in the ground to the away fans? Then there would be the segragation issues and the danger of some of them lobbing stuff on Blues below etc.
If the team are playing good stuff the atmosphere will continue to improve, though a smoking section for fans at some parts of the ground and cheaper ale would also help (get people into the ground instead of Mary D's the Townley etc).

Agree regarding the Maine Road atmosphere.

I believe Eastlands could be so much better. The whole ground was trying to join in on Tuesday. The problem being the acoustics at the stadium are all wrong. When sing Blue moon on Tuesday all 4 sides of the ground were out of sync.

think atmosphere at eastlands is pretty good compared to others like arsenal / scum / Chelsea etc. Just in general atmospheres at football grounds are not what they were twenty years ago and probably never will be again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.