Atmosphere Feedback from the Club

If we get Safe Standing in the next few years:

- Make South Stand Level 1 all safe standing including the away part - Call this 'The Kippax Standing Area'.
- Make North Stand Level 1 all safe standing - Call this the '93:20 Standing Area'.
- Cheap season tickets in the standing areas for 16-25 year olds.
- Expand the North Stand so there is extra room throughout the stadium to dedicate seats for those who are moved from their current seats.

Difficulty

The main difficulty will be that North Stand level 1 is family stand so the upheaval will be more awkward. With an expanded North Stand it may be easier to dedicate a few new blocks to the families and then any movers from those new family blocks have first refusal on the expanded North Stand. It will piss a few people off short term but medium and long term it will have a huge impact on the atmosphere.

Positives

- Two all standing areas behind both goals.
- Louder support behind both goals
- No empty seats visible when family stand members don't bring their kids at night games.

Moving the away fans to create a South Stand full of city fans who want to sing will solve the issue.

Most grounds you go to where atmosphere is good have that arrangement. Palace have it in the Holmesdale where it then spreads across the stand and the adjacent side stand. Liverpool have it (occassionally with the Kop), Spurs will have it in their new stadium and the best European sides have it.

Away fans have to be moved. It is the answer. It is our home and to make it sound better the away fans need to be bumped to prioritise our ability to make a better atmosphere. It is too disjointed with away fans being where they are. When you watch MOTD you very rarely see the away fans as they're squashed out of the way off camera. At our place they're there for all to see.

Surveys are pointless, we all know that moving the away fans will have the impact. The club can the advertise the south stand for singing to attract people in and sort the issue out.

You have to consider the sheer lack of city fans vocal and tempo abilities. The songs are sang way too quickly in notes that the majority cant sing, thats why songs dont last very long. A few songs come to mind is the farnandinho & VK ones, they become quicker and quicker until they become raps and die off. I know ill get alot of hate but a drum would keep you all in check and get everyone in unison!
So true, hence why the Sane song sounds nothing like Heartbeat

I've said it before..
Having a singing section only works at that end of the ground, it sounds great a atmosphere at the south stand end of the stadium.
But at the opposite end, it's dead, with the odd few people scattered about singing, no one joins in.
Now if we have 5-10 groups of about a thousand fans scattered around the ground, fans will be more inclined to join in.
I try to sing, but I've got an awful voice and singing on my own I just sound like a knobhead : )
As others have already said, it's down to all the fans, some of which won't sing no matter what we do.
one thing the club can do..
STOP PLAYING MUSIC WHEN THE FANS ARE ALREADY SINGING!

They should really get Brandon (that ginger kid) to appear on match days. He'd be great at hosting the stage with Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike as he's so likeable.

I think that would really add to the match day experience, boosting the atmosphere and our appeal to younger audiences.

They should really get Brandon (that ginger kid) to appear on match days. He'd be great at hosting the stage with Fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike as he's so likeable.

I think that would really add to the match day experience, boosting the atmosphere and our appeal to younger audiences.
Very good haha

They should not announce visitors, many Clubs do not do this just before KO

Booing and hissing the united team as its read out is part of the atmosphere though.
But agreed, couldnt care less who Brighton were playing for example

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.