Atmosphere today

mcfcliam said:
liamctid said:
It was a fucking terrible atmosphere today.

Wigan is without doubt the worst away game in the league.

We go there thinking we're going to roll them over so no one really gets behind the team.

They don't have a fan base so there isn't any chance to have banter with them (although unlike many I don't need banter to start singing songs about my love)

Our fans have some sort of confidence issue. We literally seemed scared to make a noise unless it's game over for us. After the second goal it was noisy but that was 70 minutes into the game.

AND AS FOR THE OCEAN FINANCE SONG - why why why why why why why do we still have a LARGE number of fans that sing this cringeworthy song which got pretty fucking old after the knocked us out the cup? "But but but but there skint!" - So fucking what, there still better than us! What a lot of people don't get is that it just sounds like we're singing their song, which makes us look like knobs - imagine them singing Blue Moon but a slight change of words every week with so much gusto. It just wouldn't happen! Us at the back were booing this song, and shouting 'City City City!' over the top. And as far as I'm concerned I will continue to do it until it is forgotten about!

Rant over.

100% agreed...I'm sick and tired of these shit United related songs and that 'we're gonna win the league' song in the pub before the game was utter shite.

Get behind your own team...fuck United.

Thing is as well, its 'the kids' who get the blame for all this. Now I was stood with a few of the 16/17/18 year olds (who follow City everywhere) today and they were booing it as well.

On the train on the way up there was fully grown men singing it again and again and again. All of whom I'd never seen before. But Wigan, Bolton etc. does get the woodwork crew out. Probably be the same people who won't understand why they don't have enough loyalty points for the bigger games "oh, well I go to games that cost 3 quid on the train every season!"

liamctid said:
There both as shite as each other to be honest. Although loads of people love it for some reason. Whenever we have a huge allocation the atmosphere is bobbins. And outside of Manchester, the only decent place to drink in the North West is Liverpool, although I'm yet to see what Blackpool has to offer. And yes, that does mean that I think Blackburn is pretty shite as well.

Give me Watford away any day of the week.

I find you get more groups of kids and more of the blanket and soup brigade at local aways, add to that the fact that a proper away (in distance I mean) you get blues who are out for the day, as appose to popping down the motorway for a quick bit of football spectatoring. The further you go (within reason), the louder the crowd.

Although I can't agree about Blackburn, the Fernhurst always great fun!

United did have a bluemoon song which they changed the words to and like the ocean finance song will fade away slowly.

the ocean finance song makes me cringe.
when the team needs our support why oh why do we need to sing about them red fuckers. don't mind joining in with the odd 1 or 2 in the pub prior kick off but in the ground get behind the team.

there was some idiot next to me that had obviously never heard the ocean finance version of that utd song until yesterday , when he heard it, he turned to me whilst pissing his sides and said "that's a fucking quality song". the dick wouldn't stop singing it all game then.

a large portion of our fans piss me off and i could tell who the day trippers were yesterday

I don't mind the odd scum song I don't see any harm singing about our most hated team. The ocean finance song was a good laugh at the time. Heard the ryan giggs is illegitimate song yesterday, now that song is shit.

The atmosphere where I stood was pretty good, I've got a sore throat this morning from singing.

Did have a pillock stood behind me though who got to his seat 10 mins after ko then started moaning about us 'not having a goal in us', he left to go to the bar 15 mins before half time, then came back late. I reckon he saw no more than 45 mins of the game and moaned through it all. WTF!

liamctid said:
mcfcliam said:
100% agreed...I'm sick and tired of these shit United related songs and that 'we're gonna win the league' song in the pub before the game was utter shite.

Thing is as well, its 'the kids' who get the blame for all this. Now I was stood with a few of the 16/17/18 year olds (who follow City everywhere) today and they were booing it as well.

On the train on the way up there was fully grown men singing it again and again and again. All of whom I'd never seen before. But Wigan, Bolton etc. does get the woodwork crew out. Probably be the same people who won't understand why they don't have enough loyalty points for the bigger games "oh, well I go to games that cost 3 quid on the train every season!"
Theres a good chance that if they were grown men that they actually watch City all over.Just because you haven't seen them before doesn't mean they don't go.I'm sure you sing songs that they don't like somewhere down the line.Stop slagging other blues off who make the effort to go to games.

I think the song is shit too btw but not as bad as the one about jo(he scores goals,the Paul Scholes one) which not only mocks one of our own but mocks him with a Utd song.

Atmosphere wasn't great but wasn't bad where we were sat , fans arguing amongst themselves all game though :/ Agree 100 % with Liam though about singing united songs , we sing songs about them more than we cheer on the blues !!!! Good day though

dannybcity said:
liamctid said:
There both as shite as each other to be honest. Although loads of people love it for some reason. Whenever we have a huge allocation the atmosphere is bobbins. And outside of Manchester, the only decent place to drink in the North West is Liverpool, although I'm yet to see what Blackpool has to offer. And yes, that does mean that I think Blackburn is pretty shite as well.

Give me Watford away any day of the week.

I find you get more groups of kids and more of the blanket and soup brigade at local aways, add to that the fact that a proper away (in distance I mean) you get blues who are out for the day, as appose to popping down the motorway for a quick bit of football spectatoring. The further you go (within reason), the louder the crowd.

Although I can't agree about Blackburn, the Fernhurst always great fun!

although i agree to some extent about the reasons for a less than fantastic atmosphere, a certain degree of blame needs to be pointed in other directions.

we can sing our lungs out on the way and before the start of games, but if we start of with a slow tempo, the realisation kicks in that like yesterday it would be mainly a bit of a dour affair. before to long this seems to filter through and the crowd go quiet till lifted by the team.

dont get me wrong after the previous two game the points were of more importance than the method in which we got them.

mcfcliam said:
liamctid said:

We go there thinking we're going to roll them over so no one really gets behind the team.

They don't have a fan base so there isn't any chance to have banter with them (although unlike many I don't need banter to start singing songs about my love)

Our fans have some sort of confidence issue. We literally seemed scared to make a noise unless it's game over for us. After the second goal it was noisy but that was 70 minutes into the game.

AND AS FOR THE OCEAN FINANCE SONG - why why why why why why why do we still have a LARGE number of fans that sing this cringeworthy song which got pretty fucking old after the knocked us out the cup? "But but but but there skint!" - So fucking what, there still better than us! What a lot of people don't get is that it just sounds like we're singing their song, which makes us look like knobs - imagine them singing Blue Moon but a slight change of words every week with so much gusto. It just wouldn't happen! Us at the back were booing this song, and shouting 'City City City!' over the top. And as far as I'm concerned I will continue to do it until it is forgotten about!

Rant over.

Fuckin well said lad really pathetic!!!!!!!<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:10 am --<br /><br />
mcfcliam said:
liamctid said:

Rant over.

Fuckin well said lad really pathetic!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.