Atmosphere tonight

I miss garry cook - the club has a better feel under him and he would listen to the fans and I think things would be different, I honestly do.

Lavinda Past said:
worsleyweb said:
I miss garry cook - the club has a better feel under him and he would listen to the fans and I think things would be different, I honestly do.

You're not alone on this Worsley. I've long thought that we should have kept Garry Cook and f*cked off Dedryk (and his mum) instead.

Bit unfair, but sure Nedum would have been happy ;)

Those that are moaning about the atmosphere last night and didn't go to the game - try GOING to the match and making a difference.

I was at the game last night and sung for 90 minutes. There were a few of us making the effort.

worsleyweb said:

Rightly took a lot of flak for mainly non football business related errors of judgment, but I felt he connected and got what MCFC meant.
The present heirachy have done a great job but are in danger of unwittingly disenfrachising a lot of fans - of course the current Kim Jong Il blackout of any criticism of them whatsoever (no matter how well intentioned) on Bluemoon will be imposed.

I think we should start from the positives, City's support is good if not great when away. So the same fans should be together for home games too. The Roma fans we saw yesterday will be singing together for their next home game without a doubt. i've got 2 friends who sing their heart out every away game but are season ticket holders in the family stand.
So if the regular travelling fans had the whole of the south stand to themselves I'm sure it would easily become our 12th man.

FootballSense said:
Atmosphere and Away Fans Location in South Stand 2015/16

The away fans location in the South Stand from next season and the impact on atmosphere is a crucial decision. This is a one off opportunity to establish the entire South Stand Level One as a CITY only `end`. With sensible ticket pricing and the re-location of the `Kippax` East Stand corner to the lower tier blocks currently occupied by away fans, the Club can help create a great Blue vocal `end`. If safe standing becomes an option in the future, the South Stand level one, in part or entirely, would be the best location.

My views are as follows:

(1) the full level one of the South Stand should be allocated entirely to CITY fans and the `Kippax` corner fans re-located to join up with existing South Stand Blues to create one continuous Blue singing `end`as happens at every other football ground in the country and the world. Can you imagine the `Kop` being divided at Liverpool between home and away fans or the Gwladys Street at Everton or the Holte End at Villa?

(2) the second tier should also be for City fans only. These are prime seats.

(3) part of the new third tier should be allocated to away fans for Premier League matches. The third tier should cater for away allocations in the PL of up to 3,000 away fans for league matches (which is more than at present). This works well and is manageable at other big away grounds such as Newcastle and Sunderland. This still allows access to the coach and car parking provision at City which is very close to the South Stand and is better than anywhere in the country. In any case, crowd segregation breaks down almost immediately when away fans disperse on to Ashton New Road.

(4) IF there is the demand from an away club for domestic cup matches, the entire new 3rd level of up to 6,000 tickets can be allocated to the away team`s supporters. This happens, for example, in Stretford, and will reduce policing and stewarding costs inside the stadium as there will not be the need for double lines of police and stewards on either side of the away fans as at present. Having away fans in level 3 above home fans in level 2 will not be a problem. It is managed effectively at other away grounds in England and Europe.

(5) IF the Club are thinking of allocating away fans over 2 levels of the South Stand in narrower sections, and even in a narrow section of the 3rd tier if demand exists for cup ties, then I suggest the Club is urged to re-consider this as soon as possible or explain why they think this is the better option.

Should the club decide to go ahead with the option that was floated previously of allocating away fans over 3 levels of the South Stand in narrower sections than at present, then this will be a major lost and irreversible opportunity to at last create a full City singing end behind the goal at level 1. It will cost more to safely manage inside the ground with 2 rows of stewards / police required over 3 levels.

Please see point (1) above - no other major football club in the world would or does split up its home `singing` support (I appreciate others do sing around the stadium) and separate them on either side of the away fans.

Does anyone share similar thoughts to those above?

Spot on, said it before to the club just cant see them doing it

Damocles said:
fathellensbellend said:
The powers that be are pricing games on the basis that we have the same fan base as United/Liverpool etc, we don't

I agree with that bit emphatically. City are playing the game where they are pretending that we have the drawing power of a team that has been successful for 30 years and it is starting to blow up in their faces. It is a total misunderstanding of who City are as a fanbase and how we should be prioritising different income streams.

We are a working class club from the backarse of Manchester and in terms of matchgoing fans, we skew older than most due to the success of United over the past 20 years and the constant promotion of them through SkyTV. Because we skew older our matchgoing fans can generally stretch their expenses further but it also means that we don't have the next generation of rapid teenagers coming through to bring that enthusiasm because they can't get a ticket. They are either swamped out by a bunch of 50 year olds with 7000000 loyalty points or they cannot afford to pay half their wage for one ticket.

This isn't a problem of City, it's a problem that affects the whole of English football at the top level. It's amazing to me that we see fans singing at Palace and Stoke now and we remark how weird it is where every ground in the country was like that 20 years ago.

The biggest clubs in Germany have shown the way forward and City had the chance to be the first English club to really have a go at this model. They had the club to do it, the commercial revenue streams to do it and the fanbase to do it. Yet they are pretending that they're Arsenal or United instead of just trying to be City. We are not them and no matter how many bullshit bands they put on in City Square or how many bullshit "fun competitions" they do at half time, we don't want to be them and the atmosphere and interest will continue to wane as City continue not to listen to their fans and try to be Manchester United lite instead of Manchester City proper.
That's a really good post. Spot on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.