Atmosphere tonight

LoveCity said:
Well, the entire away end in the South Stand for the CSKA game has now been vacated due to their supporters ban... wonder if the club would revisit Operation One End.

Good thinking. I think this fixture would be the prefect opportunity to do something to show it could work, and that we do have fans who can be vocal in their support of the team.

Be good if they could charge £20 for going in the "away end", and making it our singing section for the night.

[video]http://youtu.be/R0lwXCaOF98[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/D-ib5Qv3cMw[/video]

Look at the difference in atmosphere. This is what we used to have more of. The crowd looks more up for it and tbh more passionate. Constant singing and getting behind the team. I think it's price that's stopping atmosphers like this., look at the hamburg one and you will see groups of young lads all singing, you'd don't see that at the Etihad now

These videos prove we have some of the most vocal and passionate support

mancityvstoke said:
dobobobo said:
mancityvstoke said:
Loads of fans sat down in silence you mean?

Which is what they are perfectly entitled to do.

That's not what he wants though......is it?

My point being we've tried it and it was shit. The majority of City Fans don't want all this non stop singing, bouncing around flag waving stuff nowadays.......

If they did it would already be happening.

It's just how it is now...and has been for a while. The ONLY time you'll get this is at high profile games or aways.

Fans are then fired up...........some aways are even turning quiet though

It will not work instantly. It probably will not work against CSKA because it will be one of those tension ridden matches when everyone is on edge until we're three up. It would need working on to get the "right" fans behind the goals. But its the only way we'll ever have a decent atmosphere on a regular basis, not just once a season.

Although the experiments were much criticised, from where I sit in 105 the south stand looked great, it looked to have tremendous potential. But it would need to be relocated to the north stand. Which would inevitably lead to dissent.

Wafty Cranker said:
LoveCity said:
Well, the entire away end in the South Stand for the CSKA game has now been vacated due to their supporters ban... wonder if the club would revisit Operation One End.

Good thinking. I think this fixture would be the prefect opportunity to do something to show it could work, and that we do have fans who can be vocal in their support of the team.

Be good if they could charge £20 for going in the "away end", and making it our singing section for the night.

Err why should you get it for £20 when I've paid good money up on level 3 for a seat.

This is why Blues on 'ere aren't employed in the relevant department in MCFC.

blingy said:
Loukas said:
When the Family stand is expanded - I like the idea of putting the family stand in the 3rd tier to get the empty seats away from view. It would be miles better getting another Standing/Singing section behind the opposite goal for ours supporters who aren't bothered about away fans and would give us a proper end where we wouldn't be moved from!

What a great idea. Stick the family stand in the gods to get the empty seats away from view then when there up there it wouldn't look odd with a few empty seats dotted around here and there, it will be all empty seats....

Wondered how long this thread would come round to blaming the family stand... Perhaps we should stick every block up in the 3rd tear as there was plenty of empty seats around in every block on Tuesday ...
Can't fill 45k so move the dedicated season ticket holders to the top to fill there seats with imaginary fans that don't fill there own blocks now...
great logic
I sit in the Family Stand and it is far too big. It should never have been the full two tiers, it should've been one of the corners or something.

Regarding the CSKA game, we should really be looking if the 1894 group can get an actual block just for the group; or for singers. Not students or families, definite singers. This is our chance to properly trial all these ideas.

dobobobo said:
FanchesterCity said:
I'm sure the club ARE bothered about atmosphere, but there's a limit to what they can facilitate to improve it.

- If they rearrange fan seating so encourage more singing, people are going to have to move seats. That will upset some fans, please others.

- In moving away fans, they will end up placing away fans next to fans who didn't bargain on sitting next to away fans. Again, that's going to upset a fair few fans who thought they were buying less confrontational seats.

- Even if a new seating plan is announced in good time and only implemented during the summer, fans who've settled in a particular spot are likely to have a few gripes.

Of course, none of the above are insurmountable, but it's (as yet) difficult to prove any changes really would result in a tangible improvement to atmosphere.

Then there's other stuff the club could do:

- Dimming the lights / Blue Moon imagery / Blue Moon song / Flags & Banners etc, some are more popular than others, but for the large part they are only effective for a few minutes before kick-off.

All in all, if we want 'the fans' to create more atmosphere, it's down to us 'the fans' to create it. We are capable of it, because we've done it many times. We just seem to be choosing not to most of the time these days. In that sense, we've only ourselves to blame.

Since when has it been a rule that fans must create an atmosphere?

Who suggested it was a rule?
But a club can't create an atmosphere... it can only create an environment that might help one to exist.

The reason the fans have to create the atmosphere is because I've yet to hear of any club managing to produce one in an empty stadium. Ergo it's not a rule that fans have to create it, it's just the logical conclusion.

Atmosphere comes from the fans, inside and outside of the ground.

FanchesterCity said:
dobobobo said:
FanchesterCity said:
I'm sure the club ARE bothered about atmosphere, but there's a limit to what they can facilitate to improve it.

- If they rearrange fan seating so encourage more singing, people are going to have to move seats. That will upset some fans, please others.

- In moving away fans, they will end up placing away fans next to fans who didn't bargain on sitting next to away fans. Again, that's going to upset a fair few fans who thought they were buying less confrontational seats.

- Even if a new seating plan is announced in good time and only implemented during the summer, fans who've settled in a particular spot are likely to have a few gripes.

Of course, none of the above are insurmountable, but it's (as yet) difficult to prove any changes really would result in a tangible improvement to atmosphere.

Then there's other stuff the club could do:

- Dimming the lights / Blue Moon imagery / Blue Moon song / Flags & Banners etc, some are more popular than others, but for the large part they are only effective for a few minutes before kick-off.

All in all, if we want 'the fans' to create more atmosphere, it's down to us 'the fans' to create it. We are capable of it, because we've done it many times. We just seem to be choosing not to most of the time these days. In that sense, we've only ourselves to blame.

Since when has it been a rule that fans must create an atmosphere?

Who suggested it was a rule?
But a club can't create an atmosphere... it can only create an environment that might help one to exist.

The reason the fans have to create the atmosphere is because I've yet to hear of any club managing to produce one in an empty stadium. Ergo it's not a rule that fans have to create it, it's just the logical conclusion.

Atmosphere comes from the fans, inside and outside of the ground.

You did because you are saying all City fans should blame themselves.

dobobobo said:
Wafty Cranker said:
LoveCity said:

Err why should you get it for £20 when I've paid good money up on level 3 for a seat.

Because you've entered into a deal with the club that you were happy with, in order to guarantee your seat. If someone comes along later and gets a better deal, that's life. They also run the risk of not getting a ticket.

I buy a ST at a given price. If someone then gets a seat next to me for £15.00 on viagogo (or any other outlet), c'est la vie. Happens in most walks of life, football's no different.

FanchesterCity said:
dobobobo said:
Wafty Cranker said:

Because you've entered into a deal with the club that you were happy with, in order to guarantee your seat. If someone comes along later and gets a better deal, that's life. They also run the risk of not getting a ticket.

I buy a ST at a given price. If someone then gets a seat next to me for £15.00 on viagogo (or any other outlet), c'est la vie. Happens in most walks of life, football's no different.

Well if City followed your business logic then they'd be up shit creek without a paddle.

dobobobo said:
FanchesterCity said:
dobobobo said:

Well if City followed your business logic then they'd be up shit creek without a paddle.

Indeed because I for one would not be renewing.

Its bad already seeing people who have clearly got freebies at CL games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.