Attendance for Dortmund? Also banners/flares/inflatables?

dom12345 said:
I'll be there but I'm still a bit p*ssed off. I'm 16 and it was £27.50. I sit in SS level 1 and I suppose compared to arsenal, chelsea etc it's a decent price. But Im gonna be struggling for madrid and Ajax now!

As much as this post is individual, it is very relevant to the access of matches.
Our future support comes from Young kids who are brought up in Upper Working Class/middle Class families.... Alot of the kids growing up on the estates around nearby the stadium don't get to watch their local club as they are priced out.

Watching Football is expensive. Maybe not for you, but for many it is.
I'm not blaming the club for this, just pointing out why many don't go to games.
There is a potential big future supporter base in Greater Manchester - But many are sat in the pub tonight only 5miles away watching the game.

Also, I've always wondered why you can't buy tickets in the city centre?
I feel City are missing out on something here.

Something like the Matchday Programme booths outside the stadium, but scattered around the city centre and selling tickets, obviously installed with the technology to scan membership cards and maybe even issue them?

you used to be able to buy tickets at the Citystore on Market Street a couple of years ago - don't know why they stopped it? probably to make it harder for fans to go to games?

dom12345 said:
I'll be there but I'm still a bit p*ssed off. I'm 16 and it was £27.50. I sit in SS level 1 and I suppose compared to arsenal, chelsea etc it's a decent price. But Im gonna be struggling for madrid and Ajax now!

£27.50 to watch the English and German champions play in the biggest club competition in the world. Cheaper than PL matches as well

Your right, terrible pricing by City.

GXCity said:
dom12345 said:

£27.50 to watch the English and German champions play in the biggest club competition in the world. Cheaper than PL matches as well

just because its not much for you doesnt mean it isnt a significant amount for him

uwerosler28 said:
GXCity said:
dom12345 said:

just because its not much for you doesnt mean it isnt a significant amount for him

I wasn't saying it wasn't much for him, I was trying to point out that as it is cheaper than PL matches of lesser status, it is reasonably priced

salfordblues said:
ultimateharold said:
Unfortunately Loukas, it's an indictment of the UK game that an atmosphere can't be created at home without the majority of it being aimed at away fans. Its 80% 'banter' and 20% support. That's why 'one end' hasn't worked.

No. The reason "one end" didn't work was because it was only done for 2 games and all the singers were spread across the end. If that kind of idea is going to take off you need to re-locate all the singers to the same few blocks and then give it a season, at the very least.
The actual one end still had the singers split over a group of fans who were family, sit down, tourist types (apart from a select few who understood the concept so tried to be part of an atmospheric group). In theory it was no different to the usual two sets of vocal supporters split over a set of away fans.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 pm --<br /><br />
GXCity said:
dom12345 said:

He might have one shift a week as a pot collector.

danburge82 said:
The actual one end still had the singers split over a group of fans who were family, sit down, tourist types (apart from a select few who understood the concept so tried to be part of an atmospheric group). In theory it was no different to the usual two sets of vocal supporters split over a set of away fans.

Sort of but some people from singing section moved to the SS and vice versa so it wasn't even as good as that.

I still think if you give that 'project' a full season with the right people in the right place and it'll work.

As for tonight I reckon it could be a decent atmosphere. It's a big game, with a strong away following, under the lights following a win at the weekend. All the signs are good.

GXCity said:
dom12345 said:

All I'm saying is I'm 16 and struggling to afford it, no need to have a go.

It was sold out then?

Only empty seats I saw were in the UEFA hospitality areas in 3rd tier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.