Attendances

We must have pretty much sold out the lower two tiers and the EL3 for City to open SL3 so that implies 40k plus whatever Palace bring and what we sell in NL3. I'll go for 41,500

Take 5.5k off upper tier West and Say 5k off South stand and then 2.5k not sold on the lower tiers and you will be pretty much bang on. We will get 2000 turn up on the night as well. 43,333 my guess.

Palace will have been allocated 2000 tickets so it will be interesting to see how many they have sold. The bottom two tiers with the new pitch side seats holds about 37000 and i would say there are now more than a hundred there so that gives you 34,900 plus about 5300 in the east third tier, whatever Palace have sold and those new ones released in the south stand third. i am going about 42000 which is a pretty decent as the sales were fairly slow until 3 or 4 days ago.

The ticket planner seems to remain up a lot longer now to assist seat counters, i wonder if this is due to the printing tickets at home business?.

Seat counting is far more important than the mooted Sergio and Toni romance anyday.

'Boro haven't played United for over 6 years - if they were an established Premier League club there wouldn't be anything like as much novelty about their game tonight and they'd be bringing a similar amount down to Old Trafford that Palace are bringing to ours. Have a look at 'Boro's home attendance from the FA Cup 4th round win against United in 2002 - 17,624 and that was with about 6000 United fans present.
I found the mutual love-in between united and 'Boro fans on the last day of the '96 season, when we were relegated against Liverpool, to be nauseating in the extreme and I've had a downer on the Teeside outfit ever since.

Middlesbrough is also, without doubt, the most sinfully depressing town in England of its size. I had a night out there once. It made Wolverhampton seem like Alderley Edge.

I went to boro many years ago when it was foggy and we lost 2-1. Thankfully could not really see the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.