Attendances

Last night was actually fun & the Borussia fans created a lot of that tbf. But City played well in the game (apartfrom the defence) imo even first half (apart from the defence)I can rarely remember a home Champions League match being fun & City playing well in it.

If more games were like last night, more people would go.

It was indeed their first game in England since their heady days so of course they were going to travel and fair play to them for doing so.

What fucked me off last night was the way they were held as some sort of example to us, City fans of how its done because we had not sold out and they had bought a remarkable and never done before, 3000 fans on a Euro away trip.

Does my head in.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the choreographed drum/trumpet/loudspeaker European bullshit. Yes, the noise they made was pretty impressive, but I much prefer the adhoc English way. There's no scope for off the cuff sing songs or cross-segregation you sing-we sing type scenario's, which is the best of any English match day atmosphere. I can't imagine there's many "who ate all the pies" type songs in German..

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the choreographed drum/trumpet/loudspeaker European bullshit. Yes, the noise they made was pretty impressive, but I much prefer the adhoc English way. There's no scope for off the cuff sing songs or cross-segregation you sing-we sing type scenario's, which is the best of any English match day atmosphere. I can't imagine there's many "who ate all the pies" type songs in German..
I quite enjoyed us singing "you can't sing without your drum" :-)

Somewhat curious that the best two matches for noise and atmosphere created by our own fans this season, have been Hull and BMG - yet the lowest attendances?
Both of those games had the biggest away support as well so maybe that made a difference?

Etihad hardly seem to be a fortress on European nights. Everytime we concede (and we often seem to do in European games) it doesn't help the confidence of the fans who already find it hard to create an atmosphere after booing the the anthem brought by it's leading corrupt organisation. But whenever we are able to play our own game the way we know we can, it seems we are very hard to stop. I'm sure if results aka performances improve, the atmosphere will soon be like or better a PL-game.

Monchengladbach created a great atmosphere last night, and for most of the game, were the main source of it. After pulled back, we gave a fantastic reposte.

I agree with Neville - more games like that will bring in more fans, but still, I feel there's a clear elephant in the room - cost. I honestly think a lot of fans are tightening their belts and having to prioritise - which is usually PL over cup games. Even with reduced ticket prices, parking / travel costs remain the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.