Attendances

Last night was probably the most enjoyable CL game for me in the full 5 seasons we've played in it. A lot have been miserable nights. I've been to all the home games in that time but none of the away matches. I thought both teams played excellent football and it turned out not to be a dead rubber after all with Juve losing. Fair does to everybody who went but no problems either with those who couldn't make it for whatever reason but were there in spirit. It's worth pointing out that we've already played 5 "cup games" this season. Total attendances are 216,618 with an average of 43,324 (LC + CL) and a PL average of close on 54,000. That is tremendous support whatever way you cut it. Most season tickets aren't cheap. cup ties are additional cost and night games are sometimes impossible for people who live a distance away. Our support is growing all the time. People should stop worrying about a few empty seats. We had loads of empty seats at Maine Road during the Mercer-Allison era and no one cared. In the New Year the semi against Everton and the last 16 CL game will push total attendances for cup games to over 300,000!

Last night was probably the most enjoyable CL game for me in the full 5 seasons we've played in it. I've been to all the home games in that time but none of the away matches. I thought both teams played excellent football and it turned out not to be a dead rubber after all with Juve losing. Fair does to everybody who went but no problems either with those who couldn't make it for whatever reason but were there in spirit. It's worth pointing out that we've already played 5 "cup games" this season. Total attendances are 216,618 with an average of 43,324 (LC + CL) with a PL average of close on 54,000. That is tremendous support whatever way you cut it. Most season tickets aren't cheap. cup ties are additional cost and night games are sometimes impossible for people who live a distance away. Our support is growing all the time. People should stop worrying about a few empty seats. We had loads of empty seats at Maine Road during the Mercer-Allison era and no one cared. In the New Year the semi against Everton and the last 16 CL game will push total attendances for cup games to over 300,000!

Good post

Who cares how many Borrusia had last night?

Is it ever mentioned how many we take away every week or how loud we are by the tv twats?

Fantastic crowd again and i swear, whatever some fucking idiot spews on tv, the day after on here the sheep are trotting out the same fucking thing.

Bad call mate, you missed a belter ;)

Yes a belter! Just shows when the attitude and desire is there...most frustrating after we've been served up a Stoke performance.

Can't wait for the Swansea game now. As for queuing for the tram after the match, Tolm. I usually drop into the bar for a few scoops and let the masses ease off...plus you get to see the whole match. :)

I am glad everybody who went had such an enjoyable experience Lord knows they deserve it.

I have abandoned the CL because the terrible infrastructure and public transport system have finally got to me as I approach three score years and ten.

Typical City! First CL home game I've missed cos I've ran away for a cheeky week in the sun. Watched it in a bar that was very blue friendly (sat with a Borrussia fan too), every time we scored the last orders bell was rang. Oh how we all laughed when Wolfsburg scored the winner. Great to finally win a group just hope we get a good draw and see where it takes us.

Who cares how many Borrusia had last night?

Is it ever mentioned how many we take away every week or how loud we are by the tv twats?

Fantastic crowd again and i swear, whatever some fucking idiot spews on tv, the day after on here the sheep are trotting out the same fucking thing.

Pretty sure this is their first appearance in Europe's premier competition since their halcyon days of the late 70's and I don't think they've been involved in much other European competition of late either so it's not surprising they brought fuck loads. As a comparison, we took a similar amount to Lokeren in 2003 and 6000 to Hamburg for a friendly in 2002.

Pretty sure this is their first appearance in Europe's premier competition since their halcyon days of the late 70's and I don't think they've been involved in much other European competition of late either so it's not surprising they brought fuck loads. As a comparison, we took a similar amount to Lokeren in 2003 and 6000 to Hamburg for a friendly in 2002.

It was indeed their first game in England since their heady days so of course they were going to travel and fair play to them for doing so.

What fucked me off last night was the way they were held as some sort of example to us, City fans of how its done because we had not sold out and they had bought a remarkable and never done before, 3000 fans on a Euro away trip.

Does my head in.

It was indeed their first game in England since their heady days so of course they were going to travel and fair play to them for doing so.

What fucked me off last night was the way they were held as some sort of example to us, City fans of how its done because we had not sold out and they had bought a remarkable and never done before, 3000 fans on a Euro away trip.

Does my head in.

Yep, totally agree mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.