Attendances

Etihad hardly seem to be a fortress on European nights. Everytime we concede (and we often seem to do in European games) it doesn't help the confidence of the fans who already find it hard to create an atmosphere after booing the the anthem brought by it's leading corrupt organisation. But whenever we are able to play our own game the way we know we can, it seems we are very hard to stop. I'm sure if results aka performances improve, the atmosphere will soon be like or better a PL-game.

Hahaha Fifas fault our atmosphere is shit, we cant get motivated after booing FML

"why the fuck are you still here?" was pretty good at half time on the concourse (although that won't sit well with the newly formed City temperance society)..

Grown men bouncing around a concourse filming each other isn't an atmosphere

Somewhat curious that the best two matches for noise and atmosphere created by our own fans this season, have been Hull and BMG - yet the lowest attendances?
you thought it was a good atmosphere last night ??? even my girlfriend at only her 2nd match commented how quiet city fans were. Wasnt until the 3rd went in that it picked up

Somewhat curious that the best two matches for noise and atmosphere created by our own fans this season, have been Hull and BMG - yet the lowest attendances?
I definitely think it depends where you are. I didnt go last night but i was there for Hull and it was ok, but not great at all. I was in the colin Bell though for Hull but for league games im in 116 and so far the atmosphere in there has been decent, much better than the hull game.

The attendance last night was just under 42,000. 12,000 below our PL average.

Into that 42,000 you have to factor in 3000 official away fans, and at least, being generous, you have to factor in another 500-1000 away fans spread throughout the stadium.

Most of the time the away end is only half full or less with away fans for PL matches, and those other seats are normally bought by other city fans. Let's say 1000.

So, if my maths are correct.

12,000 below our PL average.
500-1000 German fans in our end.
1000 City fans who normally by away seats for a PL match, if the away team don't sell there away allocation.

Rightly or wrongly, I'm sure I will be corrected, there were between 14,000 to 14,500 PL match going City fans missing last night.

Regardless of the reasons, and my post is not about that, don't you think that is pretty alarming, given the ticket prices, which were fair, the importance of the match, as it turned out, etc.

I appreciate there will always be X amount of City fans who don't want to watch a CL match for whatever reason, but 14,000-14,500 missing City fans is.......?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.