Attendances

Even though I'd like to believe it, I for one don't believe all those empty seats(on Boxing Day) are season ticket holders and people who bought matchday tickets not turning up. And certainly not in the Family stand. There's just to many empty seats. The odd few scattered around yes, but not 100's.

On a positive note, we seem to be filling the 3rd tier of the away end with City fans on a regular basis, which is encouraging.

As it stands, and without any info, I don't think City will expand the North stand yet. Once we starting selling out all our PL home games, where only a few empty seats are visible, and the crowds improve for the cup games, then I think City will look at it again and start the expansion of the North stand. That's my take on it, rightly or wrongly?

Happy New Year to all BMer's. :-)

So these Blues scrape their money together for a season card and then miss several games with the ticket going to waste?
The ones that attend or don't having bought them?

To suggest raising ticket prices is unfair to the fans who just about afford them. The turning up issue is something else.

that is my impression of it too. And I guess the club just accept they may make a "loss" on it if they are selling them at a cheaper rate than your 1/19th works out to be.

EDIT just looked and a seat in 324 is usually £39 so they sell the seat for 39 and give me 36.84 credit so they make a couple of £ however it will also come with administration expenses so isnt really a profit making exercise.

The club will never sell a PL ticket for cheaper than your ST price (for your seat) for the game. That would easily piss off loyal fans who turn up every week.

As me and the other half don't live anywhere near Manchester anymore, we only get to half of the games. However our tickets are always used. I sell our tickets for £20 each to friends or family. We make a combined loss of around £15 each game we miss but I'd much rather do that, and get some cash in hand, and let proper blues who can't normally afford the full prices have the chance to get to the game at an affordable price than sell it back to the club.

It is a good idea though for people who have no other options than to simply miss the game. It makes sense to get a bit of money back and to let someone else use your seat rather than it go empty.

I would suggest quite a lot of fans don't want to go to every game (shock horror!) but buy a season ticket because its cheaper than buying 10 or so individual game tickets. And in some families, one person goes every week and another, less keen, doesn't but still has a season ticket so he can sit next to Dad/Bro/Whoever.

One answer would be to cater for the 'odd match' attenders by making individual match tickets a lot cheaper. There is nothing new about City's crowds fluctuating wildly. It's been going on for years, and I would guess that the 'stable' attendance, those who turn up for every home match, is now larger than it has ever been in our history. I don't think we should dwell on it it too much. Worrying about empty seats is not something City fans have done in days gone by.

Never a bad idea to reduce prices. There is a lot of poverty. As for no shows...maybe a rising levy on people who miss games.

i would put a ceiling on the number of season tickets sold, for now, taking account of the current capacity.

The relatively low acailabity of match day tickets enables the Prices to be hiked up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.