Attendances

Forgive my ignorance, I understand that the season ticket-holder receives 1/19th of the total price of the season ticket but is this the price that that the purchaser pays? If so I can't understand why people would buy a more expensive match-day ticket, if it isn't then it looks like a profit making exercise.

Forgive my ignorance, I understand that the season ticket-holder receives 1/19th of the total price of the season ticket but is this the price that that the purchaser pays? If so I can't understand why people would buy a more expensive match-day ticket, if it isn't then it looks like a profit making exercise.

I was under the impression the club then resells that ticket at the usual price for that area of the ground. It goes back up on the seat planner and in effect the buyer has no clue it has come from the ticket exchange rather than the club initially.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I have tried ticket exchange and Viagogo in the past and it is has been my experience that my ticket has not sold. Even when games are "sold out" it is usually easy to buy tickets almost right up to the game with possible exceptions being United and Liverpool. In my view the empty seats are normally not stopping anyone who wants a ticket from getting one.
My father and I have two seats in CB3 and the two games we couldnt make so far this year have been Norwich and Swansea. I put them on the ticket exchange at the same time so they will have shown up as a pair of seats. Both sold within 2 days and as such we have £73.68 of credit towards next seasons ticket. I'm not sure if it is the seat location that helped or whether its because they were listed as a pair at the same time but sofar the ticket exchange has been brilliant for us.

I was under the impression the club then resells that ticket at the usual price for that area of the ground. It goes back up on the seat planner and in effect the buyer has no clue it has come from the ticket exchange rather than the club initially.
that is my impression of it too. And I guess the club just accept they may make a "loss" on it if they are selling them at a cheaper rate than your 1/19th works out to be.

EDIT just looked and a seat in 324 is usually £39 so they sell the seat for 39 and give me 36.84 credit so they make a couple of £ however it will also come with administration expenses so isnt really a profit making exercise.

Last edited:
My father and I have two seats in CB3 and the two games we couldnt make so far this year have been Norwich and Swansea. I put them on the ticket exchange at the same time so they will have shown up as a pair of seats. Both sold within 2 days and as such we have £73.68 of credit towards next seasons ticket. I'm not sure if it is the seat location that helped or whether its because they were listed as a pair at the same time but sofar the ticket exchange has been brilliant for us.
Great to hear the scheme works

Watch your mouth for a start and try and have a discussion like a grown up.

We have sold out most matches for the last three or four seasons but get in the region of 5,000 no shows each week (unless it's a 'big' game when all of a sudden every can make it).

Now either we have the sickliest, most weather hit, Mick Hucknall supporting fan base in comparison to similar clubs that sell out, or there's another reason for all the empty (yet sold) seats each game.

Any game that sells out, like Boxing Day, but has so many non-attendees means other fans are being shut out, nor does it help the team/atmosphere.

If you disagree with people not utilising ticket exchange/lending their tickets to mates etc for more than five games a season (1/4 of the matches) having their SC suspended for the following year then fair enough. The club are unlikely to take up my proposal anyway. But as I say, and has been said by others, the relative 'cheapness' of our season tickets may help them sell out in record time each season, but it doesn't exactly encourage people to use their ticket and attend each match. The club are also aware of the issue (such that it is), hence the emails they send out asking non-attendees why they couldn't make it.

Sorry for the language, but I had been up 24 hours straight and now I have had a couple of hours sleep (sadly not partying)

As far as your last paragraph goes, I do disagree wholeheartedly. People pay their money and are entitled to go or not as circumstances dictate.
Who cares how it looks? I do feel sympathy for people who cant get matchday tickets, but surely the answer is to increase the capacity even more accomodate them, not penalise people who are legitimately purchasing tickets and then not for whatever reason. I also have concerns regarding the atmosphere but I have seen no evidence that the noshows are contributing to lack of atmosphere. Do you have any?
If the club want to endorse your proposal that is up to them, but it is something I would vigorously oppose.
For me its too similar to the rags forcing their season ticket holders to buy cup tickets. The rags doing that is wrong and if our club do as you propose that would be wrong too

Sorry for the language, but I had been up 24 hours straight and now I have had a couple of hours sleep (sadly not partying)

As far as your last paragraph goes, I do disagree wholeheartedly. People pay their money and are entitled to go or not as circumstances dictate.
Who cares how it looks? I do feel sympathy for people who cant get matchday tickets, but surely the answer is to increase the capacity even more accomodate them, not penalise people who are legitimately purchasing tickets and then not for whatever reason. I also have concerns regarding the atmosphere but I have seen no evidence that the noshows are contributing to lack of atmosphere. Do you have any?
If the club want to endorse your proposal that is up to them, but it is something I would vigorously oppose.
For me its too similar to the rags forcing their season ticket holders to buy cup tickets. The rags doing that is wrong and if our club do as you propose that would be wrong too

As a non-regular match goer I don't want to get involved in the main body of this debate because I feel it's not my place.

But to answer your question which I've bolded, sponsors care mate, I know that may mean fuck all to your average fan but it's important to the club.

With regards to Boxing day selling out, I usually miss three games a season due to holidays and I never want to leave my seat empty so I used to give my ticket to an elderly chap who is now too old to go. So this season not wanting to have my seat empty I have tried the ticket exchange twice but both times it has been unsold. It is a good seat on SS level two but curiously even though the game is sold out the seat is not sold. I'm not bothered about the money aspect but the problem is, if you sell the seat yourself or give it free (which I am happy to do) you don't know whether the person will end up getting you banned......it's just not worth it to fill your seat.

not had the experience regarding no sell on the ticket exchange, but then again my seat is always going to be one of the cheapest. BUt agree wholeheartedly about the problems of passing tickets on privately

As a non-regular match goer I don't want to get involved in the main body of this debate because I feel it's not my place.

But to answer your question which I've bolded, sponsors care mate, I know that may mean fuck all to your average fan but it's important to the club.

It will also be a factor in the Club postponing the decision on whether to to expand the North Stand!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.