Attendances

54.502 today.(against Bournemouth)

It's no surprise the North Stand expansion is going ahead.

I suspect that when they say "Sold Out" it's either spin or (more likely) they're referring to the subset of standard (i.e. non-premium) tickets that are on general sale. The 9320 area in the Colin Bell Stand (221 & 222) was only half-full and there was a noticeably large block of seats in 134 or 135, which I think is the area the club reserve for groups and staff.

Think this beat the Sunderland Fa Cup 73 attendance and biggest since Derby County in 72
It did. 54,478 at that Sunderland game plus me as a 7yr old kid sneaked under the turnstiles by my dad!

I suspect that when they say "Sold Out" it's either spin or (more likely) they're referring to the subset of standard (i.e. non-premium) tickets that are on general sale. The 9320 area in the Colin Bell Stand (221 & 222) was only half-full and there was a noticeably large block of seats in 134 or 135, which I think is the area the club reserve for groups and staff.

Some of the 93:20 tickets have been bought by companies to take clients to the games they wish to see eg. Chelsea, Man U and the Scousers. Guy behind me in 209 - who has a chunk of tickets - says he struggles to give the tickets away for games like Bournemouth.

The Club has to set some tickets aside for the Women's and Youth Teams. Sometimes people can't get back in time from fixtures to watch the first team so there always likely to be a few empty seats - which can't be sold on. I've noted that the Women's Tram have been moved to 93:20 and maybe some of the Youth Teams have to - thus reducing the empty seats at the bottom of the North Stand. One of my work colleagues plays for Subderlabd Women's Team and they have been moved from behind the goal at the Stafium of Light because empty seats look bad on the TV.

The main factor for some empty seats is that season ticket holders don't turn every week and so be it. Our crowd figures are based on seats sold (and a small number of tickets committed to youth teams etc). That's the way it's been for as long as I can remember and it happens this way across the league.

Yesterday's crowd number was outstanding. Selling out an expanded Etihad (including a great following from Bournemouth) can only be good!

Some of the 93:20 tickets have been bought by companies to take clients to the games they wish to see eg. Chelsea, Man U and the Scousers. Guy behind me in 209 - who has a chunk of tickets - says he struggles to give the tickets away for games like Bournemouth.

The Club has to set some tickets aside for the Women's and Youth Teams. Sometimes people can't get back in time from fixtures to watch the first team so there always likely to be a few empty seats - which can't be sold on. I've noted that the Women's Tram have been moved to 93:20 and maybe some of the Youth Teams have to - thus reducing the empty seats at the bottom of the North Stand. One of my work colleagues plays for Subderlabd Women's Team and they have been moved from behind the goal at the Stafium of Light because empty seats look bad on the TV.

The main factor for some empty seats is that season ticket holders don't turn every week and so be it. Our crowd figures are based on seats sold (and a small number of tickets committed to youth teams etc). That's the way it's been for as long as I can remember and it happens this way across the league.

Yesterday's crowd number was outstanding. Selling out an expanded Etihad (including a great following from Bournemouth) can only be good!

Totally correct. I can't remember ever attending any match in the UK where every seat was occupied..even Cup Finals. It is a myth. There have always been no shows. I have missed a few myself for weddings and illness etc.We have consistently been among the best supported clubs in England for over 100 years (through thick and thin) Over 54,000 for the visit of Bournemouth is amazing. We have plenty of enemies in the media, mostly fuelled by the out=of-town rags, who love to snipe at us. Treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Has anyone actually had their tickets sold through ticket exchange? - I've had to try twice so far this season and both have remained unsold. This time I watched the website and my ticket was never actually made available there (unless in recognising my supporter number at log in it just didn't show me that one as available)

I've written to the club to see what their response is, but as I already know there is another game I can't get to, it would be nice to have some encouragement that ticket exchange can actually result in reducing next years price by 1/19th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.