ATTN All US Based Blues - USA Summer 2010 - City Tour

warhawkmoski said:
MSA13 said:
Then it's settled, CHICAGO! Any ideas on what we can do to make this happen? A letter to Cook? Online petition? Let's do it, Blues!

I've been wondering the same thing. We need to get City in Chicago this summer. I have already started to line up friends that would want to go to the game.

I also know about 4 people that would want to go. If anyone knows a way to make this possible I'll do my part to help out. I'm sure some important people read this site.

MSA13 said:
warhawkmoski said:
I've been wondering the same thing. We need to get City in Chicago this summer. I have already started to line up friends that would want to go to the game.

I also know about 4 people that would want to go. If anyone knows a way to make this possible I'll do my part to help out. I'm sure some important people read this site.

I sure hope so. I think some people are being greedy to. If a game is already scheduled in your region, suck it up and make the drive, so another potential region could get a game.

Why would they play in Portland. I didn't think they were going to renovate PGE park by then. I like Portland more than Seattle as a city, but that stadium is setup for baseball and there's no getting around that. It would make more sense to play in Seattle.

jlroby69 said:
Why would they play in Portland. I didn't think they were going to renovate PGE park by then. I like Portland more than Seattle as a city, but that stadium is setup for baseball and there's no getting around that. It would make more sense to play in Seattle.

I went to Seattle for the MLS cup final and that is a great stadium.

Hollywood Blue said:
jlroby69 said:

I agree, Seattle would be perfect. That soccer crowd and the stadium are awesome, but unfortunately it is indeed in the middle of baseball season and no way will they be able to make the change over so quickly as the previous poster said. It's really too bad because that place would be the optimum site. However, Portland has a huge following too, so should be a great crowd.

warhawkmoski said:
Hollywood Blue said:

I agree, Seattle would be perfect. That soccer crowd and the stadium are awesome, but unfortunately it is indeed in the middle of baseball season and no way will they be able to make the change over so quickly as the previous poster said. It's really too bad because that place would be the optimum site. However, Portland has a huge following too, so should be a great crowd.

Baseball would be at Safeco so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe preseason football, but they don't really have to do much to change the stadium to soccer. I do agree that Portland has a huge following, but I really really dislike the layout of PGE park.

Selfishly I'd say Boston (Foxboro - home of the Revs), but NYC is accessible from pretty much anywhere in the Northeast, and I've seen a few at Giants Stadium over the years. If there is a game anywhere on the East coast I'm there and I'm dragging as many people as I can with me.

Can't wait!

jlroby69 said:
warhawkmoski said:

Baseball would be at Safeco so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe preseason football, but they don't really have to do much to change the stadium to soccer. I do agree that Portland has a huge following, but I really really dislike the layout of PGE park.

Thanks for the correction. My mistake, I thought the Mariners, Seahawks, and Sounders all shared the same stadium. I have no reason as to why they would choose Portland over Seattle. Comparable fan bases, two of the largest in the country, Seattle would get the edge, and far far superior stadium. I would argue that Portland get's it because of the Oregon connection with Nike, but seeing as City just signed a deal with Umbro, I doubt that is the reason. Unless, another club has Seattle booked already at that time of year? Perhaps they are looking to do the challenge again, that they did last summer? Regardless of all that:

Chicago
Chicago
Chicago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.