Auctioning the naming rights to the stadium

If this is the reason Carlos changed his mind then surely it's gonna be thecarlostevez stadium?

Damocles said:
From the story:

Khaldoon doesn’t lack confidence. During a seven-a-side game involving Mancini and his coaching staff on Sunday, he almost scored with a brilliant overhead kick. He will no doubt expect it to go in next time.

Sign him up, has to be better than Jo.

Pics - no good without pics ;-)

WTGD!! said:
Pigeonho said:
Nah, it won't be sold to someone naming it something daft. If the club have told someone with the ego of Tevez the way it is, they won't cave in to the 'Ronald McDonald Arena' just to bring in a few quid. The Etihad Erena is what i'm going for!

I think you could be bang on the money there. Either that or it could be something to do with this Disney business.

Disney own the majority share in ESPN.... ESPN Area / Stadium anyone?

ESPN Areaa? - I quite like that
If Disneys got anything to do with it it's better than things such as:

The Disney Princess Castle
or
The Micky Mouse Bowl

We'll be sponsored by Google next ! - actually that would look good on a shirt haha

dref619 said:
if it was maine road maybe id be more bothered, but the city of Manchester stadium as a name doesnt really mean anything to me, as said somewhere in the transfer forum, itl be the etihad arena

There's already an Etihad Arena Stadium at the docklands in Melbourne:
etihad.jpg

Can there be two stadiums with the same name?

dannybcity said:
WTGD!! said:
I agree. But I hate the fact that its open to abuse. Suppose it would be a very expensive practical joke though!

My thinking here is that a rich "friend of the owner" will win this auction, plough a load of money in, and we break even on the financial fair play rules ;-)

That can't be done, FIFA/UEFA which ever one it is, will decide if what the company has paid is reasonable or not.

.....and this is where UEFA will get butt fucked by the Sheikh. The cost of the naming rights could be, say, 10% higher than the highest paid anywhere in the World to date on any venue and have an annual incrementor to keep it 10% ahead of the highest. UEFA would then be open to the mother and father of legal challenges if they were difficult about it. Same goes for any commercial contract - we can gear it to be the highest in the World, albeit marginally.

Personally, I'd prefer it if the Sheikh commisioned an in depth scrutiny of the private lives of Platini and Blatter and have surveillance on them and their families around the clock, until they find out something really juicy, then expose it - you can imagine Platini's reaction when he learns that his daughter is about to be exposed as a crack whore and it all because of his new 'rules' to suit Real, Utd etc. I'd enjoy that.

danburge82 said:
dref619 said:
if it was maine road maybe id be more bothered, but the city of Manchester stadium as a name doesnt really mean anything to me, as said somewhere in the transfer forum, itl be the etihad arena

There's already an Etihad Arena Stadium at the docklands in Melbourne:
etihad.jpg

Can there be two stadiums with the same name?

You mean like the stadium of light in Lisbon & Sunderland ?

Royaloak said:
dannybcity said:
That can't be done, FIFA/UEFA which ever one it is, will decide if what the company has paid is reasonable or not.

.....and this is where UEFA will get butt fucked by the Sheikh. The cost of the naming rights could be, say, 10% higher than the highest paid anywhere in the World to date on any venue and have an annual incrementor to keep it 10% ahead of the highest. UEFA would then be open to the mother and father of legal challenges if they were difficult about it. Same goes for any commercial contract - we can gear it to be the highest in the World, albeit marginally.

Personally, I'd prefer it if the Sheikh commisioned an in depth scrutiny of the private lives of Platini and Blatter and have surveillance on them and their families around the clock, until they find out something really juicy, then expose it - you can imagine Platini's reaction when he learns that his daughter is about to be exposed as a crack whore and it all because of his new 'rules' to suit Real, Utd etc. I'd enjoy that.

I like your reasoning in the 1st paragraph and think your 2nd is probably already underway.

There's a pretty good article in todays Times about this subject but can't link it as it's a pay site

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.