Auctioning the naming rights to the stadium

clp1000 said:
danburge82 said:
There's already an Etihad Arena Stadium at the docklands in Melbourne:
etihad.jpg

Can there be two stadiums with the same name?

You mean like the stadium of light in Lisbon & Sunderland ?

or St James Park, Newcastle or Exeter.

What about calling it 'The Greatest Football Stadium in the World'. Then you'd have to listen to Sky presenters announcing "...and now over to The Greatest Football Stadium in the World!".

dannybcity said:
WTGD!! said:
I agree. But I hate the fact that its open to abuse. Suppose it would be a very expensive practical joke though!

My thinking here is that a rich "friend of the owner" will win this auction, plough a load of money in, and we break even on the financial fair play rules ;-)

That can't be done, FIFA/UEFA which ever one it is, will decide if what the company has paid is reasonable or not.

If it truly is an auction, then by definition whatever someone is willing to pay is the market value. Impossible for FIFA to rule on it. You might argue that a cabinet of stuffed fish is not worth 2.95 million quid, but that's what someone was willing to pay Damien Hirst for it and so that was the market price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.