Audi Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have the COO who's job it is to promote the club and make money for the club? what do you think he was going to say?
"Yeh its an alright tournament, were sending the reserves but still spend your money on coming to watch them because it should be decent"

High caliber opposition, AC Milan, Bayern and Sao Paulo are high caliber clubs. Doesn't mean they will put a full strength team out.

I am not saying we will or won't but what you have posted has told us nothing!

CTID101 said:
So we have the COO who's job it is to promote the club and make money for the club? what do you think he was going to say?
"Yeh its an alright tournament, were sending the reserves but still spend your money on coming to watch them because it should be decent"

High caliber opposition, AC Milan, Bayern and Sao Paulo are high caliber clubs. Doesn't mean they will put a full strength team out.

I am not saying we will or won't but what you have posted has told us nothing!

You're taking this the wrong way. My point is, if it were a reserve tournament, City wouldn't have advertised it like this at all, and the COO wouldn't have made any comment whatsoever. At best, City would do a website news item saying "the Elite Development Squad have been invited to a prestigious event for youth squads of several major clubs". Have you ever known City to big up a game like this before only to send a handful of under-21s instead? People are getting far too worked up about a piece of incidental evidence which could easily mean nothing.

Allow me, if I may, to list off most of the names of the goalscorers from the previous (and only) two incarnations of the Audi Cup:

Thiago Alcantara
Leandro Damião
Zlatan Ibrahimović
Andrés D'Alessandro (capped 26 times for Argentina)
Toni Kroos
Alexandre Pato
Thomas Muller
Andrea Pirlo
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Thiago Silva

Here's another reason I forgot to use before for why the Sky thing means nothing: the Audi Cup organisers haven't announced what the fixtures are yet. We know who's in it, but we don't know who we are playing. Perhaps they are waiting to receive confirmation of our opponents first?

Actually - usually the teams try to field about 20 or more players of their squad on that 2 days as 2 matches on consecutive days are a little bit too much for the players. So you probably can see the first and second tier of the teams.

----------

In 2009 the opponents were drawn at the Geneva autosaloon with representatives of all participating clubs.

In 2011 the fans could vote who they wanted to do the first two matches.

So I guess in 2013 there will be the possibility to vote for it, too.

Maldeika said:
Actually - usually the teams try to field about 20 or more players of their squad on that 2 days as 2 matches on consecutive days are a little bit too much for the players. So you probably can see the first and second tier of the teams.

----------

In 2009 the opponents were drawn at the Geneva autosaloon with representatives of all participating clubs.

True, but in 2011, the fans had voted on the first pairing by the start of May. Audi and Bayern have long since seen that deadline pass this year.

Falastur said:
Maldeika said:

----------

True, but in 2011, the fans had voted on the first pairing by the start of May. Audi and Bayern have long since seen that deadline pass this year.

Yes, but when I remember everything right the tournament and the teams were announced much earlier in 2011 than they have been this year.

hi does anyone know how long tickets take to arrive ? i ordered mine 3 weeks ago and money has been taken from account....

does anyone know how to get in touch with bayern ? as there main tel number just rings out

cheers

City-Of-Manchester said:
hi does anyone know how long tickets take to arrive ? i ordered mine 3 weeks ago and money has been taken from account....

does anyone know how to get in touch with bayern ? as there main tel number just rings out

cheers

0049 89 699 31 -333
is the number for the service centre (the German prefix 0049 is already included)

City-Of-Manchester said:

cheers

I would be relaxed about this at this stage mate, knowing how efficient the German's are they will be here in good time.
Be interested to know what they say though if you do call.
Really looking forward to the trip myself, got tickets in the 3rd tier for both days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.