Audi Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
mansour's tow ropes said:
Daz_Blue said:
Please let all know that during the #AudiCup the U6 subway is not running from Hauptbahnhof to the Alianz Arena in Munich.

For those going .....

whats the next best way of getting to the ground?

From what I know Munich public transport is a very decent institution and always in the case of such inconvenience there is always an alternative, in this case a bus, that run pretty smoothly. Also there is a ton of leaflets and sometimes even stewards who offer help in few languages. I will definitely go to the Arena by metro and bus between closed stations. Just set off 30 minutes earlier and you should be completely fine.

I am also going to the Audi Cup. However, this is my first football game I will be attending and I have bought tickets already few months before by Bayern site (as it were linked at MCFC site and there was no information about other way of purchasing tickets), so I am somewhere in the middle of a Bayern sector...
I hope that at least I will be able to enjoy few beers after the game with other City fans. From what I have read earlier in this thread few people will go to a place named Keller. Is this a pub City fans will gather after the game?

Iskand said:
Daz_Blue said:
Please let all know that during the #AudiCup the U6 subway is not running from Hauptbahnhof to the Alianz Arena in Munich.

For those going .....

whats the next best way of getting to the ground?

From what I know Munich public transport is a very decent institution and always in the case of such inconvenience there is always an alternative, in this case a bus, that run pretty smoothly. Also there is a ton of leaflets and sometimes even stewards who offer help in few languages. I will definitely go to the Arena by metro and bus between closed stations. Just set off 30 minutes earlier and you should be completely fine.

I am also going to the Audi Cup. However, this is my first football game I will be attending and I have bought tickets already few months before by Bayern site (as it were linked at MCFC site and there was no information about other way of purchasing tickets), so I am somewhere in the middle of a Bayern sector...
I hope that at least I will be able to enjoy few beers after the game with other City fans. From what I have read earlier in this thread few people will go to a place named Keller. Is this a pub City fans will gather after the game?

I think they mean Augustiner Keller not far from the main station, I'd guess they'll be there before and after the match.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.augustinerkeller.de/en/contact/Directions_Routenplaner.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.augustinerkeller.de/en/conta ... planer.htm</a>

lancs blue said:
I think they mean Augustiner Keller not far from the main station, I'd guess they'll be there before and after the match.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.augustinerkeller.de/en/contact/Directions_Routenplaner.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.augustinerkeller.de/en/conta ... planer.htm</a>

Thanks mate. Cheers.

I got through the thread and saw many blues are claiming that they will be there. Hope I will get there too.

The MCFC Balkan Army v AC Milan

.......................Pants

Richards.....Kompany.......Lescott........Kolorov

................Rodwell............Yaya

Milner....................Nasri.............Jovetic

.......................Dzeko

MCFC Spanish Braves v Bayern (if they win)

....................Hart

Zab.............Kompany.........Lescott........Clichy

.................Fernandhino.......Garcia

Navas...................Silva..............Aguero

........................Negredo.

Might have to do a bit of jiggery pokery to ensure Kompany and Lescott don't play full 90 mins on each day by the use of Rodwell/Yaya/Garcia/Richards/Clichy as stand in centre backs and the use of Barry and any EDS lads in midfield when required.

Jumanji said:
2 games in 2 days...Surely we'll put out two completely different sides?

Can't imagine a different scenario. Especially that there will be probably no occasion to play at low-tempo and rest a bit while playing against Milan and then, hopefully, Bayern. The biggest problem is a centre-back position where (Nastasic injured) we have only two primary centre backs and two substitutes: Javi Garcia and Micach Richards, but playing Richards as a CB leaves us with no choice at right full back, so there surely will be a lot of dilemas for Pellegrini. However, this is a great scenario for pre-season. If we want to push for PL, CL and minor-cups throughout the season then we will have to rotate the squad frequently.

Iskand said:
lancs blue said:

Thanks mate. Cheers.

I got through the thread and saw many blues are claiming that they will be there. Hope I will get there too.

Amazing place that is... Regulars have their own tables and there are racks of Steins, just like a village pub used to have a row of tankards

The steins for Joe Public looked massive (I was driving last time I went there) so I avoided a sore head

There are some awesome restaurants in the city where they do a Pork Knuckle and dumplings.... Don't eat too much before trying one :-)

Apart from this Keller place what other drinking spots are likely to be popular? any near the ground

Apart from this Keller place what other drinking spots are likely to be popular? any near the ground
the ground is in the middle of nowhere

good places for meet ups
city centre bars around the Hard Rock last time

and the beer keller in the English Garden proved popular

The U6 to the ground is running to Studentenstadt, 3 stations short of the ground and there are rail replacement buses. Germany = transport sorted

If there are a few of you travelling together check out the city ticket which covers up to 5 adults for three days on all buses underground and trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.