Aurelien Tchouameni

but you're advocating for the exact opposite of that. you're saying "well there is no one else on the market so we have to throw another 70m on a backup CDM". insane to me.
You keep saying “backup”. Lol
I also don’t know where you saw this £70m price tag. I saw €60m (Euros!) and Monaco open to negotiate.

You keep saying “backup”. Lol
I also don’t know where you saw this £70m price tag. I saw €60m (Euros!) and Monaco open to negotiate.
You literally added a pound sign mate I'm done there is zero way to discuss anything with you without you twisting people's words.. just stop responding to me please.

but you're advocating for the exact opposite of that. you're saying "well there is no one else on the market so we have to throw another 70m on a backup CDM". insane to me.
I'm not. If we buy a lesser quality player, he still costs several millions, takes up a squad place & becomes a problem to shift when we need to improve. Why buy a player who'll become an issue?

We're Manchester City. We play roughly 60 high profile matches per season, so we buy players who can challenge for a starting position, not low grade squad fillers.

I'm not. If we buy a lesser quality player, he still costs several millions, takes up a squad place & becomes a problem to shift when we need to improve. Why buy a player who'll become an issue?

We're Manchester City. We play roughly 60 high profile matches per season, so we buy players who can challenge for a starting position, not low grade squad fillers.
Yet somehow Liverpool do manage to find those players? Somehow they manage to find konate for 30m and Thiago for free and jota for 40m and Diaz for 40m+add-ons.

You've just assumes for no reason that less money means less quality and that well need to shift them.

When Dani Alves refused we went and got Danilo for a reasonable price. We didn't go and buy a second right back for 50m. Oh but what if walkers injured??? Then Danilo fucking plays.

You literally added a pound sign mate I'm done there is zero way to discuss anything with you without you twisting people's words.. just stop responding to me please.
I added a pound sign because literally every price tag mentioned in this thread is based on pounds. That is the English currency. And to differentiate from the actual price tag being talked about in the media (in euros). And even if you did mean euros, which should have been clear, you still added 10m more. But this is the usual cowardice: you then accuse me of twisting your words (it’s always a character accusation that you throw at me) and ask me to stop responding to you. No I didn’t twist your words, asshole, and I’ll respond to whoever I please. Put me on ignore if you must

Yet somehow Liverpool do manage to find those players? Somehow they manage to find konate for 30m and Thiago for free and jota for 40m and Diaz for 40m+add-ons.

You've just assumes for no reason that less money means less quality and that well need to shift them.

When Dani Alves refused we went and got Danilo for a reasonable price. We didn't go and buy a second right back for 50m. Oh but what if walkers injured??? Then Danilo fucking plays.
We don’t operate like Liverpool. Remember when they got two useless CB’s that were of no use in the winter window of 2020/21. We would never do that. You’re also talking as if we don’t get players for lower price tags. We got Alvarez for less than Jota, we got Ferran Torres for less than Diaz etc etc. But Liverpool does spend when they have to.

This "never sign a player for less than 70m" approach is what led us to having a thin squad btw just saying. Carry on.

This "never sign a player for less than 70m" approach is what led us to having a thin squad btw just saying. Carry on.
No, it is Pep’s well documented approach. He works with as many players as he wants (this season having a striker less as exception). And again, particularly Tchouameni would not be 70m. In fact, we’ve only ever signed one player paying more than 70m, and that is Grealish. The rest of the squad cost less than that (as opposed to… Liverpool)

We sold Danilo & upgraded to Cancelo for double the money & he's now rated one of the world's top 5 FB's & improved City's squad further, so what's your point?

Over the last 6 seasons, who's been more successful, City or the Dippers? The Scousers do what they do & it works best for them. We do what we do & it works best for us.

We have a high grade player policy, so there's no appreciable drop when another player has to step in. I really fail to understand what you don't get about that.

Start analysing us more deeply. You'll then begin to understand the things that make City, City which aren't always overtly obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.