Aurelien Tchouameni

mate ake is still very much a backup. and we need a backup right now, because dias is injured and walker's injured.
and that's actually the perfect example for why we need to get a 30m player and not a 70m player. imagine if in ake's position right now we had a 70m player, with how little minutes he's gotten this season? you'd have a word of trouble keeping them happy. You need someone to fill in in these exact scenarios.

Right now we don't have defensive problems even with the tiredness and injuries because we invested in that ~30m backup, we need to do the same for the CDM position.
You could say Ake was a backup for how little he was being used, but I think he will start to be used more regularly now given the effectiveness he’s shown to Pep when asked to, and Dias himself won’t just take over the position again like it’s his birthright. Which is the way Pep likes his squads. It may be out of necessity, but sooner or later players need to do the job as the others without a drop in quality.
Pep needs a player that can play more times than Fernandinho and make Rodri play less. We’ve seen Rodri look knackered from overplaying out of necessity. And that is not to mention the risk of injury. We will have to bring someone that can step up to the job is all games, big and small, and not someone not good enough that they would be happy on the bench. That isn’t how the squad is happy and there is game time for everyone. Look how much we payed for Grealish and how often he’s on the bench (and we all knew this would happen)

NO. We are competing to be the best. You seriously need to look at the bigger picture
I am. and i'd rather we spend the money we have (which is not endless) on actual priorities rather than shit we absolutely don't need. a 70m sub.. unbelievably shortsighted.

And if Rodri gets injured, suspended, needs rest or suffers a loss of form? What then?
then you play the 30m guy! what is this fucking argument. you can't have insanely expensive players as subs in every position there's not enough money! I am shocked that this simple fact is so controversial.

Dias got injured, what happened? we played Ake, and he's turning out just fucking fine, didn't need Kounde or Koulibaly for another 80m to play 4th choice.

Which you can achieve for 25-30m and keep the money for players who will go into your best team.
I do not think you can buy a DM good enough for 30M that can walk into our first team. Just look at how much we paid Rodri. Even a player like Kamara who I used to think would be an option and is free in the summer, I have watched him a few times this season (including today) and was left disappointed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.