Aurelien Tchouameni

then you play the 30m guy! what is this fucking argument. you can't have insanely expensive players as subs in every position there's not enough money! I am shocked that this simple fact is so controversial.

Dias got injured, what happened? we played Ake, and he's turning out just fucking fine, didn't need Kounde or Koulibaly for another 80m to play 4th choice.
Dias got injured and we had Stones and Laporte… I don’t know where you got the idea that Tchouameni would cost as much as Napoli wanted for Koulibaly or Sevilla for Kounde. I don’t think there is anything controversial with saying we need to make an invest in a DM. I am not saying “pay what it takes to get Rice or Kimmich”. We could get Tchouameni for a decent fee (for us)

all indications are that he'll cost 65m+ which is what you paid for rodri. I see no reason to do that.

then you play the 30m guy! what is this fucking argument. you can't have insanely expensive players as subs in every position there's not enough money! I am shocked that this simple fact is so controversial.

Dias got injured, what happened? we played Ake, and he's turning out just fucking fine, didn't need Kounde or Koulibaly for another 80m to play 4th choice.

What 30 million guy in this market. Name me a CDM which you can get for 30 mil. Cheapest we have been linked to is Nunes who's 40 mil if Sporting accept a fee under his release clause. Ake cost us 40 mil. I don't think you are going to get a player in the CDM position for under 50 mil.

Brighton have quoted Bissouma at 45 mil. Southampton have price JWP at 55mil shows you how crazy the market is.

i mean you've literally mentioned Nunes which we have the porro thing so a deal can be made there. also I don't fucking know, I am not a scout. all I know is that i'd like the money to be reserved to other stuff and strengthening our best 11, a backup CDM as you've seen basically in every single season under pep barely gets playtime.

we don't need someone to walk into our first team! we have rodri!

you guys had to watch fernandinho for 5 games this season and it freaked you out so bad lol. just take it easy.
We have a serious disagreement with this and I don’t think we will ever settle it lol. Our squad is built with players that can walk into the first team at any time without a drop in quality. Pep has made this clear in interviews and this is made clear in the books written about him. I personally would prefer that he accepted a few more players to allow for more rotation considering we usually get very close to playing all the games we could in a season. I think this is where you are as well. “We have Rodri” doesn’t mean anything. We can’t get by a season having one DM we can trust and having another just sitting there to take over if needed. If Pep could play Fernandinho more and give Rodri more time to rest, he absolutely would, because his form often suffers from playing too much. It may have well been the reason he didn’t play that Champions League final; his form at the end of the season wasn’t the best. So we do need a player that can not only take over from Rodri if he gets injured, but also if there is a drop in form, and I’ll go beyond, maybe naturally even take over the position if that player is to excel and give Rodri something to worry about. At some point most of our players are subject to becoming “bench players” for a period of time (Sterling, Cancelo, Stones, Laporte, Gundogan, Zinchenko, Jesus, to name a few…), and it may be the situation with Dias now. The only position we could afford to say “we have X” and only need a backup is goalkeeper but look what it’s cost us…

What you're not getting is lowering the player gene pool. Both Stones & Aké were bought with the intention of playing. Once there, player form determines who's a starter & who's a sub, just as it should do.

It's taken Aké a bit of time to find his feet & form, but the last few matches he's been brilliant. The key here is that previously when he's stepped in there was a big drop off in quality. The last few times he's been called upon, there's been no appreciable drop. That is what our squad needs, not squad fillers.

I had similar debates when Kompany left & we failed to replace him. There were all kind of weird comments about Laporte, Otamendi, Stones, Fernandinho & using Academy kids would be enough. Do I need to remind you how that ended up?

I asked one poster "What happens if our outstanding CB gets injured?". A month later Laporte was injured & out for most of the season. We had an out of form Stones, a slow as a stoned snail Otamendi & Fernadinho filling in as CB, leaving us short in midfield with only Gundog to cover. It was the disaster I feared.

We've learned our lesson, hence trying so hard to get Kane last summer to replace Aguero. We got away with it last season, & have mostly got away with it this. HOWEVER look how many matches where the lack of a Kane or Haaland has cost us?

Dunno about you, but I'd rather not take the risk. I'd rather miss out, mend & make do with the players we have until the right players come along, rather than buying filler crap like we did when Marwood was our DoF & throughout Pellegrini's reign.

Our strength & success is built upon the strength & depth of our squad. Why you'd want to dilute that is beyond me. :-|

i mean you've literally mentioned Nunes which we have the porro thing so a deal can be made there. also I don't fucking know, I am not a scout. all I know is that i'd like the money to be reserved to other stuff and strengthening our best 11, a backup CDM as you've seen basically in every single season under pep barely gets playtime.
We had one suspicious link to Nunes from a Portuguese newspaper. It’s the Nuno Mendes story again, I’m not ready to buy it. I also don’t think he is a good enough player for our team at this point. My opinion of course. Again, whoever we bring isn’t “backup”, that CONCEPTUALLY doesn’t exist with Pep.
You keep talking about us having bigger priorities, I’m curious as to which they would be

We had one suspicious link to Nunes from a Portuguese newspaper. It’s the Nuno Mendes story again, I’m not ready to buy it. I also don’t think he is a good enough player for our team at this point. My opinion of course. Again, whoever we bring isn’t “backup”, that CONCEPTUALLY doesn’t exist with Pep.
You keep talking about us having bigger priorities, I’m curious as to which they would be
Agreed. Over the 2 matches with Sporting, I only noticed Mendes because everyone kept going on about him. I saw nothing of note to pique my interest. However I've never seen him play before or since.

I'd rather miss out, mend & make do with the players we have until the right players come along, rather than buying filler crap like we did when Marwood was our DoF & throughout Pellegrini's reign.
but you're advocating for the exact opposite of that. you're saying "well there is no one else on the market so we have to throw another 70m on a backup CDM". insane to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.