Austin gone to southampton

hasnt he also gone for 100k a week
decent enough striker but never worth 5 million a year in wages

£4 million for a player who scored 17 goals in the Premier League last season is superb business by Southampton.

I'm not sure it's the best move for Austin himself. Southampton typically play one up front and I'd imagine Pelle would start ahead of Austin. It's obvously a settled Premier League club and an enormous wage, I just feel Austin would get more game-time at other Premier League clubs.

Great deal, surprised there wasn't more of an interest. It wasn't long ago he was being quoted at 15m. I thought they'd get at least 12m for him. He's proved himself wherever he has gone and in the premier league, 4m is a steal. As cityFan94 said up top, not sure how much time he will get, even Shane Long gets to play a bit as well

Great deal, surprised there wasn't more of an interest. It wasn't long ago he was being quoted at 15m. I thought they'd get at least 12m for him. He's proved himself wherever he has gone and in the premier league, 4m is a steal. As cityFan94 said up top, not sure how much time he will get, even Shane Long gets to play a bit as well

Think there was more interest, mostly from lower league clubs. No point signing for Sunderland just to get relegated in 5 months. He probably just waited for the right club to come in.

Price is good but his contract was up this summer. QPR kept him thinking he'd fire them straight back up, it hasn't worked out for them and he's been injured but it was still worth rejecting £10 million in the summer. Southampton only paid that fee now for two reasons, 1. to put pressure on Pelle who is reportedly dragging out signing a new contract and 2. to get in ahead of the other sides who'd be interested in taking him for free. Could be a great signing for Southampton, too injury prone for a bigger side to take a risk on him, as a backup you need to be fit all the time, you know your chances will be limited but you need to be fit enough to take them when they come along. At Southampton he'll probably play when fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.