Australia & Novak Djokovic case

I personally think there are no winners here
Djokovic Australia and the ATF all come out poorly
This needed to be conducted behind closed doors
Whatever the rights or wrongs regarding the vaccine ( I’ve been jabbed btw) the tournament will be poorer with the absence of the holder
And let's be honest, we all wanted to watch him having to serve from behind a team of police holding riot shields.

I bet Australians everywhere are so proud today, what has happened to this country?

And let's be honest, we all wanted to watch him having to serve from behind a team of police holding riot shields.
That why it should’ve been sorted quietly and privately
They have no devalued their own tournament
Even if he wins his appeal he will struggle to win the tournament the pressure will be huge
It will be interesting to see what happens with the French open as well abs how they handle the situation

I like my tennis and really admire Novak as a great player coming from his background to get to the very top - but maybe he fails to see that sport is not always the most important thing when the world is bleeding and people suffering - too self focused? IMO to be a true 'legend' (like Ali for example) a 'great' sportman needs to transend their sport, rise above it and fulfil a higher purpose for humanity to unite and inspire others, it is not just about their sport. Novak will never be a legend. His 'greatness' in tennis is now also open to debate.

I still think a group of solicitors will somehow wriggle him through this. He'll probably be deported after he plays and wins the damn thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.