Australian A League

New Sydney Signing Seb Ryall has just been charged with stat rape on a 13 year old while he was with Melbourne. Suspended until 3rd Sep til the court case is done.

Victory knew too, and didn't say anything to us. Pricks.

perth glory here...though i despise their name just reminds me of 'glory holes'. its a characteristic of the league though, doubt there is any professional sports league in the world where the names are so dreadful...these new age 'emotion' nicknames are terrible..dunno if qld roar or ours is worst tbh!

i like watching it, sure its no euro football but its something and i have no doubt it will take off as the sport already has done since the socceroos had a good run

i dont know if its too late to sort the names out but they should at least have a fresh look at the kits..they are all done by the same manufacturer arent they?certainly looks that way and consequently we get these piss weak strips which look like a back catalogue of the home/away strips for the same team for the last 10 years!

seriously, how can there not be a single team without stripes???wierd

For the blues down under.

Whats the avaiability of the games? Am I Likeky to to be able to watch the action in Brisbane and where. I was wondering if the foxtel is any use and if there is any bars I can watch city

manchesthaircity said:
For the blues down under.

Whats the avaiability of the games? Am I Likeky to to be able to watch the action in Brisbane and where. I was wondering if the foxtel is any use and if there is any bars I can watch city

Mate, the only team that pulls good/big crowds are Melbourne (avge about 20-25K) and adelaide(avge about 14K but smaller stadium). Everyone else around 10-12K.
Queensland will have three teams, Brisbane Roar, and new franchises Gold Coast and North Queensland for season 09/10. So choose wisely. If I had to pick I would go GC. Then there will be another Melbourne team and one more (maybe Canberra or Tasmania) in 10/11. As far as availablility of seats, trust me, you will have plenty of room. Just roll up.
As far as coverage on tv, subsription tv is the only way to go. Foxtel, Optus TV or Austar depending where you live but all show Foxtel programming. For about $60 per month (25 quid?) you get basic channels but all the sports excluding main event, so you can watch premier league games. Each premier league weekend, they show most games via viewers choice but I think I have missed city about 2-3 times only this season (duuno about next week as all games are on at the same time). They also have rights to Australian Internationals but I am pretty sure that the world cup is on free to air tv.
Not every pub will show aleague as it is a summer competition and it crosses over AFL/Rugby league seasons and the cricket. But there are many "soccer" pubs around that show games. Just need to find them via aussies on bluemoon/mancityfans etc.

Hope that helps.

thanks a lot Melbourneblue. thats good knowledge. already got the fear about moving. no mates no job etc but at least the fear of no soccer is gone.

thanks again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.