Autism

very helpful and informative organisation for people whose children are diagnosed with autism is - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.peach.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.peach.org.uk</a>

citymacc said:
allan harper said:
My cousin is autistic and the place where he goes (restbite) for 30 hours a week are now trying to reduce his hours from 30 to 25. My uncle now has to go to a meeting to fight his case why he needs his son in care for 30 hours.

What are they doing that, is it a finance thing?

Worked ok, he gets 28 days a year to put him into care, after the meeting they've given him an extra 8 days a year and a walk in shower.

Mine just started school for the first time the other week. I took him for a year for 4 hours per day to a parenting centre which was part of the school so he could get used to it. The full day seems so long for a kid that's only just turned 4 (about 7 hours)

There has been a few meltdowns and kids getting walloped when he's having his tantrums, but I'm hoping he'll be ok. They know him from the school and are aware of his situation. Transition from one activity to another is problematic, but he has no problems going to the school park, gym and messing around on the playground. My wife said she pulled up for a tea on her break and see him at the school lobbing stones with another kid at drains, little rascal is doing shite I used to do

Crouchinho said:
Mine just started school for the first time the other week. I took him for a year for 4 hours per day to a parenting centre which was part of the school so he could get used to it. The full day seems so long for a kid that's only just turned 4 (about 7 hours)

There has been a few meltdowns and kids getting walloped when he's having his tantrums, but I'm hoping he'll be ok. They know him from the school and are aware of his situation. Transition from one activity to another is problematic, but he has no problems going to the school park, gym and messing around on the playground. My wife said she pulled up for a tea on her break and see him at the school lobbing stones with another kid at drains, little rascal is doing shite I used to do

Can imagine how that put a smile on your face :)

BlueBearBoots said:
Crouchinho said:

Can imagine how that put a smile on your face :)

It did I had to laugh! but really in an ideal world I should get mad at him for being naughty! lol

Pigeonho said:
More Aspergers than autistic, watch 'Adam'. Brilliant. Reminds me of me son to a tee.

How old is your son? I just had to look that up on IMDB, normally romantic comedies aren't my cup of tea but I got it downloading either way!

Crouchinho said:
Pigeonho said:
More Aspergers than autistic, watch 'Adam'. Brilliant. Reminds me of me son to a tee.

How old is your son? I just had to look that up on IMDB, normally romantic comedies aren't my cup of tea but I got it downloading either way!

Mozart and the Whale is better

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGTGEAXvQU[/video]

I have just seen this on Facebook if anybody would be interested .

3c0162c55ea8828fff5b00a95b96feae.jpg

Genuine question..

Is somebody who is pedantic (to the extreme) likely to have Asperger's syndrome?

I've started a new role (which I'm enjoying and have got off to a strong start etc). I completely accept dealing with difficult people is part of your role wherever your work. However, a colleague corrects me on the most pettiests of things and also on things that don't require correcting. Example, I use excel a different way to get to the same answer but colleague does it a different way so it has to be that way. In meetings when I'm not speaking to said colleague they still pipe up and pick up on a small petty thing I may have missed. (Like irrelevant info that wasn't required).

It is becoming quite frustrating and have risen above it but must say it is really annoying and not sure how to tackle the pedant.

I wonder if this is a colleague being purely pedantic and competitive so they look better than myself or if this is some form of Autism.

Genuine question..

Is somebody who is pedantic (to the extreme) likely to have Asperger's syndrome?

I've started a new role (which I'm enjoying and have got off to a strong start etc). I completely accept dealing with difficult people is part of your role wherever your work. However, a colleague corrects me on the most pettiests of things and also on things that don't require correcting. Example, I use excel a different way to get to the same answer but colleague does it a different way so it has to be that way. In meetings when I'm not speaking to said colleague they still pipe up and pick up on a small petty thing I may have missed. (Like irrelevant info that wasn't required).

It is becoming quite frustrating and have risen above it but must say it is really annoying and not sure how to tackle the pedant.

I wonder if this is a colleague being purely pedantic and competitive so they look better than myself or if this is some form of Autism.
The only thing you can do in this case is to ask whether the point/correction they were making has any relevance. Bit tricky if you are new to the company but your colleague may have been getting on other people's tits for years.
And I say this as a pedantic pedant with many years of practise. - Or should that be practice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.