Automobiles

Good big doors...Open wide too ...That's a help !

Brilliant advertising from 1964

Last edited:
I never understood the appeal of cars, guitars were always my thing as a teenager. My apathy towards them has only grown as I've got older and to this day I have no interest in learning to drive one or owning one. This despite my own business having three vehicles of different types. Driving to me is just for other people. I suppose I'll always be a bus wanker.

At 46 in the next month(should the driving test gods be favourable) i am about to embark on legal driving for the very first time(i know selfish **** in the past) a very lucky escape some years ago brought me to my senses and would have never driven again.

My Mrs had a failed operation on her knee some time ago that has left her a bit of a raspberry ripple, I have told her to eat plenty of fruit and veg but as yet it hasn't healed.;)

She gets mobility allowance at the advanced rate so been scratching my napper as to the best way forward. Insurance is a fucking nightmare and being quoted about £1800 for 3rd party if i want to go down the own car route.

Is it really such a no brainer to go for a spanking new car all cared for? Do i go back to being a never insured driver again at the end of the lease?

Sorry if it's off theme, but i thought the petrol heads that know would be in here.

If i do go down the mobility front, a 1.6 Nissan Juke has floated my boat :)

My dad had a Viva mid 1970s and it broke down they day before we were due to go on holiday. My dad's mate who was a mechanic told him it would take a few days to fix so he lent him his Viva for the week so we could still go. This turned out to be a much better version think it was called a Magnum or something like that. Always remember my dad getting a bollocking from my mum when she saw he had attained a speed of about 100-110 when he floored it on a motorway slip road.

A Vauxhall Viva HB was my first car, it gave me freedom to go where I wanted to and when I wanted to. It used to eat gearbox's at an alarming rate, possibly my driving. It was usually reliable once I sorted out the bad coil. I have happy memories of that car and can still remember its registration number which is quite a feat as I don't usually know what day it is.

I never understood the appeal of cars, guitars were always my thing as a teenager. My apathy towards them has only grown as I've got older and to this day I have no interest in learning to drive one or owning one. This despite my own business having three vehicles of different types. Driving to me is just for other people. I suppose I'll always be a bus wanker.

I was the exact opposite and couldn't wait to learn to drive. I passed my test at 17, was driving for a living at 22 and passed my HGV at 24. I loved it.
By the time I was in my late 20s I was getting fed up and managed to change jobs. It was still driving HGV's but that was only to get me to and from site.
These days I hate it. Driving for a living sucked all the fun out of it, especially with the congested roads and the tax gathering traffic Taliban.
I still drive but derive not an ounce of pleasure from it. I often think about when I loved nothing more than to get behind the wheel, no matter what the car. I just loved to drive. These days if I could afford a chauffeur I would have one without hesitation.

2yyqkya.jpg

Saw one just like this yesterday

Vauxhall Viva may be covered in rust, but yer can't f#*k a bird on a 29 bus.

A Vauxhall Viva HB was my first car, it gave me freedom to go where I wanted to and when I wanted to. It used to eat gearbox's at an alarming rate, possibly my driving. It was usually reliable once I sorted out the bad coil. I have happy memories of that car and can still remember its registration number which is quite a feat as I don't usually know what day it is.
Our kid had a viva out the front of the house that he used to go and smoke pot with his mates in.

Was able to pop the locks with a lolly stick and smoke the doff ends. Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.