Avanti suspends ticket sales and running only one train per hour to London

Slightly off topic, but not that much. I've been trying to work out how to get up from London for the derby, if Avanti are simply not running (at present no trains announced for any weekends, except that I see they're running tomorrow). One way is to go up via Sheffield. Anybody been taking the Transpennine recently? I ask because when I've passed through Piccadilly recently, that doesn't seem to be entirely reliable. Is Northern more reliable than Transpennine, or can I rely on the latter?
Can't advise on that but I had some friends come up to Manchester from London a few weeks ago when there was a strike on and they changed at Stafford. Booking it as two separate journeys/tickets. So maybe look at that

Slightly off topic, but not that much. I've been trying to work out how to get up from London for the derby, if Avanti are simply not running (at present no trains announced for any weekends, except that I see they're running tomorrow). One way is to go up via Sheffield. Anybody been taking the Transpennine recently? I ask because when I've passed through Piccadilly recently, that doesn't seem to be entirely reliable. Is Northern more reliable than Transpennine, or can I rely on the latter?
Transpennine are dreadful, they've been having multiple cancellations outside of strike days. I was waiting for a different train at Picc recently and two TPE cancellations were announced in quick succession.

Stop being so miserable. One an hour, luxury. I want to go from Sydney (the real capital if Australia) to Canberra (the pretend capital) I can go at 8.05am 12 noon or 5pm.
That's it.

Stop being so miserable. One an hour, luxury. I want to go from Sydney (the real capital if Australia) to Canberra (the pretend capital) I can go at 8.05am 12 noon or 5pm.
That's it.

That’s because they have one train and one line of track. You have to wait until it comes back.

Once they train up Kangaroos to drive trains there won't be a problem though.

Never quite understood according to what criteria Virgin lost the deal. I did that run Euston to Piccadilly and back many times. I don't remember any cancelled trains, and they were rarely late. They were o.k., by and large.
Beardy was suiing the government over NHS contracts at the time. This was their way of telling him to fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.