Avanti Trains (match day travel from the South East)

You can go via Crewe on West Midlands trains and back via Crewe on Avanti the week after for £33. It’s £66 for the Norwich weekend. Might be worth looking at LNER and changing at Leeds or Doncaster. You can do that, if booked early enough, for about £55.
I travel up from Kent regularly too & have been dismayed at the prices set by Avanti. Haven't seen the cheap fares on London Northwest to Crewe either.
What I have seen is LNER doing fares to Leeds or Donny from £17.50 & connect to MCR for £11 return. I'm traveling up this way for the first two home games.
Does mean legging it to Piccadilly for the 17:30 after Norwich but I'm thinking of cabbing it from Ashton New Road to Stalybridge & picking up the service there at 17:45 instead.
Like others have said, don't bother with Trainline, use the national rail site to plan & go direct to providers.
Also, for Leicester away, no direct trains from St Pancras that weekend but £7 or £11 one way to Nuneaton from Euston on London Northwest & £5 return Nun-Leics if you buy separately. You get charged full whack £60 if you try to buy direct.

Anybody got any news on the club planning on sorting out the 20% City Membership reduction on Avanti?. We got it in the first year of Avanti but it ran out during the Pandemic? I Avanti prices are a but more 'regular' for the September 18th match, but we could still do with the 'discount'!

Anybody got any news on the club planning on sorting out the 20% City Membership reduction on Avanti?. We got it in the first year of Avanti but it ran out during the Pandemic? I Avanti prices are a but more 'regular' for the September 18th match, but we could still do with the 'discount'!
I see they're a bit cheaper direct but seem to be targeting the post match trains at £45. Good to see the £9 fares to Crewe back though.

Yes, there are some cheap one ways on 28th Sep - but very difficult to build a return journey for less than the Off Peak Return fare unless you leave Euston at crack of dawn!

Sorry: 28th Aug!

I travel up from Kent regularly too & have been dismayed at the prices set by Avanti. Haven't seen the cheap fares on London Northwest to Crewe either.
What I have seen is LNER doing fares to Leeds or Donny from £17.50 & connect to MCR for £11 return. I'm traveling up this way for the first two home games.
Does mean legging it to Piccadilly for the 17:30 after Norwich but I'm thinking of cabbing it from Ashton New Road to Stalybridge & picking up the service there at 17:45 instead.
Like others have said, don't bother with Trainline, use the national rail site to plan & go direct to providers.
Also, for Leicester away, no direct trains from St Pancras that weekend but £7 or £11 one way to Nuneaton from Euston on London Northwest & £5 return Nun-Leics if you buy separately. You get charged full whack £60 if you try to buy direct.
A gentle walk after the final whistle will get you back to Piccadilly in plenty of time for the 17.30 train.

Always worth looking at https://ticketysplit.trainsplit.com/ and then buying from the LNER website.

As for after the game, I’d walk to Piccadilly for the 5.30. Follow the tram line down Pollard street, cross Gt Ancoats St keep going and go up the stairs of the station car park. Leeds train usually goes from platform 2/3/4 so you’re right there.

Posted this elsewhere but Just a heads up that Avanti West Coast have today released/opened advance ticket sales for all trains up to Christmas Eve for anyone travelling away eg Watford or travelling up from the south for home games

Have they? November/December weekends still greyed out apart from 18/19 December

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.