Avanti Trains (match day travel from the South East)

Useless if you can only book one way, and seems like a con as it could be reasonable one way and not the other.

Posted this elsewhere but Just a heads up that Avanti West Coast have today released/opened advance ticket sales for all trains up to Christmas Eve for anyone travelling away eg Watford or travelling up from the south for home games

Avanti have not offered weekend advanced fares. They're taking the piss.

Avanti have not offered weekend advanced fares. They're taking the piss.
I looked at the fares for West Ham and Brighton away. They are a disgrace. The train system is beyond a joke. The only people that can afford to use it are those who are working and can claim back on expenses. If you book in advance you can get the train from Hamburg to Berlin (useful for the Leipzig game) for just five Euros. That's 158 miles. This country has become a laughing stock. Our infrastructure is an embarrassment.

I looked at the fares for West Ham and Brighton away. They are a disgrace. The train system is beyond a joke. The only people that can afford to use it are those who are working and can claim back on expenses. If you book in advance you can get the train from Hamburg to Berlin (useful for the Leipzig game) for just five Euros. That's 158 miles. This country has become a laughing stock. Our infrastructure is an embarrassment.
I’ve travelled by train in Germany and France etc a bit in the past and they really do put this country to shame on every possible metric

Just received five emails from Avanti saying advance fares are now available for 28 August, 30 October, 21 November, 28 November and 15 January. The last one was of interest, but turned out not to be true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.