Avaricious online Ticket Agencies. How do they get hold of so many?

It's the same with everything now, agencies block buying and selling on at higher prices. Basically no different to ticket touts.
I know that and have paid over the odds for gig tickets now and then but I definitely won't be paying over the odds for a match ticket.

Legacy supporters are being shafted and priced out year on year, and that's a fact.

And i won't ever be fooled by Khaldoon Al Mubarak's end of season "local fans matter" spiel, because we don't anymore, sadly.

I don't know the answer but these online ticket agencies must buy several thousand tickets off the club. You only have to notice how many tourists are taking up seats, particularly in CL games and most of these will be bought off agencies.

It's disgraceful that the club are maximizing profits at the expense of proper week in week out supporters who cant afford to go to games.
Can't be several thousand, think there are about 40,00 s/c holders, think I read somewhere abour 7000 match day tickets, 3000 away. Leaves hopitality sold through the club. Then maybe 1-2000, other. Wouldn't be surprised if a fair few of these other sight tickets on sale are being sold by S/C holders.

These agencies don't have ANY tickets.
Not a single one.
They'll take your money, gauge how many they need then go about trying to source them.
If they can't get enough, they just refund you last minute.
Leeches
Maybe somebody should approach them with a couple of tickets, then expose them, there was an industry clampdown mainly fronted by the artists themselves in the music industry, but that didn’t last long, hopefully there’s something in the government led white paper, if there isn’t, it definitely needs highlighting

Maybe somebody should approach them with a couple of tickets, then expose them, there was an industry clampdown mainly fronted by the artists themselves in the music industry, but that didn’t last long, hopefully there’s something in the government led white paper, if there isn’t, it definitely needs highlighting
I suppose the best way to stop it wouldb be mobile only non transferable tickets, but then many fans would be against that.

Are they not just using bots to buy the tickets as soon as they go on sale?

Its perfectly simple, either the club has some connection with some or all of these agencies, selling on unwanted corporate allocation or other unsold tickets, or the agencies are block booking tickets using automated system (illegal) or buying tickets under multiple identities (illegal) to sell on at a profit (also illegal). Anyone selling on to these agencies is also committing an offence.

If the club has nothing to do with it, they can and should just cancel these tickets which is beyond easy now with electronic ticketing, which is what the likes of Ed Sheeran etc did with gig tickets and viagogo etc.

But, it seems pretty clear the club are at best turning a blind eye.

Anyone who goes away knows that there are more than a handful tourists and casual fans at every game, and especially games that have sold out to high points. Top tier at Real Madrid last year there were loads, including a couple with RM tops underneath jumpers.

Its perfectly simple, either the club has some connection with some or all of these agencies, selling on unwanted corporate allocation or other unsold tickets, or the agencies are block booking tickets using automated system (illegal) or buying tickets under multiple identities (illegal) to sell on at a profit (also illegal). Anyone selling on to these agencies is also committing an offence.

If the club has nothing to do with it, they can and should just cancel these tickets which is beyond easy now with electronic ticketing, which is what the likes of Ed Sheeran etc did with gig tickets and viagogo etc.

But, it seems pretty clear the club are at best turning a blind eye.

Anyone who goes away knows that there are more than a handful tourists and casual fans at every game, and especially games that have sold out to high points. Top tier at Real Madrid last year there were loads, including a couple with RM tops underneath jumpers.

The fact that the club, to the best of my knowledge, have never shown any inclination to try and put a stop to individuals illegally reselling tickets on these sites, tells you all you need to know about their relationship with them.

Regularly see whole sections of seats together for sale. Only one place they have come from.

It's strange how ticket touting head for sell out events, the club should be aware of this but there again they are aren't they and don't give a fuck.

They don't need help selling tickets like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.