Avaricious online Ticket Agencies. How do they get hold of so many?

I wonder if anyone has ever bought off these sites and had an issue getting into the ground, and ended up in a conversation with the club about the ticket. In which case I would imagine the club would have said “it’s not an official source“….

It isn’t illegal if you have the club’s permission to resell.

Yup that's the crux of the matter, we have to accept that the club doesn't appear to care less.

Ticket Resale Information​

1682779397119.png
Manchester City FC
https://www.mancity.com › safe-ticket-buying

Valid tickets for Manchester City Football Club matches (home and away) should only be purchased from Manchester City or an official, authorised seller.

I could be wrong and maybe the club has nothing to do with it, but I think they are giving large numbers of tickets to agencies and corporate packages. There’s too many seats for the club not to be involved.

It’s not just single seats, it’s rows of seats. When I was in 107 in the east stand there were literally rows of different tourists at the front every game, who paid hundreds to attend each game

We’re in a situation where we have some of the biggest games in our history and there’s thousands of city fans who can’t get ticket because they are being sold to touts and agencies. It’s a joke

We need a proper supporters trust to stand up for our fans

I could be wrong and maybe the club has nothing to do with it, but I think they are giving large numbers of tickets to agencies and corporate packages. There’s too many seats for the club not to be involved.

It’s not just single seats, it’s rows of seats. When I was in 107 in the east stand there were literally rows of different tourists at the front every game, who paid hundreds to attend each game

We’re in a situation where we have some of the biggest games in our history and there’s thousands of city fans who can’t get ticket because they are being sold to touts and agencies. It’s a joke

Thats the point isn’t it. The thread is a valid question and it would be good to get an answer from somebody that knows. However nobody seems to really know so posters guessing or surmising doesn’t really get us anywhere.

I was in 303 near the back for Bayern and seemed literally loads of tourists. what I’ve noticed is games will show sold out, then a few single seats will come up, obviously from SC holders that can’t make the game, but, then out of nowhere a block of fifty or so will appear, usually at the back of 303 or 304, seen it on the opposite in CB3 as well, we can only speculate but are these tickets being returned by so called partners or maybe a supporters club who no longer wants them? Seems very odd and we could do with the club coming clean, but I doubt they will.

Thats the point isn’t it. The thread is a valid question and it would be good to get an answer from somebody that knows. However nobody seems to really know so posters guessing or surmising doesn’t really get us anywhere.
We deserve to know what game the club are playing and soon because it's starting to impact the demography of our fanbase, and the evidence of it is more and more tourists are taking up seats at the expense of proper blues who are being priced out.

You don’t have to guess. I posted on another thread earlier. Go on Sportsworld’s website. An official partner of MCFC. There’s even a convenient link on the official club website ticket page.

There are a seemingly unlimited number of packages to be bought for the Real Madrid home game. Ticket in either ES3 or CB3 plus one nights accommodation in a city centre hotel. Prices between £299 and £449, depending on the room you require.

I just put 30 tickets in the basket out of interest and it directed me to payment with no indication that amount weren’t available.

782d17ac49695f8e0af2ca7cdab304ce.jpg

We deserve to know what game the club are playing and soon because it's starting to impact the demography of our fanbase, and the evidence of it is more and more tourists are taking up seats at the expense of proper blues who are being priced out.
I don’t accept the tourist thing at all, nor the ‘proper legacy fan’ stuff either, it’s a diversion,it’s just a catch all label thrown around. Yes we will attract more people that just come for the one game, but it hardly impacts on S/C holders plus match day regulars that make up the vast majority of attendances with most tickets sold before the season even starts.
Maybe there are a few more for C/L games but only because a fair few S/C holders don’t do cup or mid weeks.
Yes the question of these agencies is valid, and may or may not be anything to do with the club, but it needs stopping whether it’s the club or the government that need to do it I don’t know and won’t know until I know more about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.