AVB: "I refuse to build a team like City...

alky313 said:
A statement on Manchester City's official website read: "Manchester City have reached an agreement with Valencia over the transfer of David Silva.

"The player's advisers and officials from both clubs have finalised the details over a four-year contract, which will bring the 24-year-old to City of Manchester Stadium. He will complete his medical and officially become a City player once his involvement in the World Cup is over."

From Espn.com.
eh?

They can all say what they want.If we ignore all the crap and concentrate on our football,stay clear of injuries and dodgy refs,we can win every game.

Whatever happens we have played some fantastic football,scored some great goals and sent a lot of records tumbling this season.We are getting stronger and will get stronger still.

All the sniping,the bluster and crap being spouted equates to one thing only.Fear.

The Fat el Hombre said:
... I don't like the standards of their football". "city is an italian team, they follow the italian standards."

This has come from a portugese journalist and is being retweeted by Duncan Castles which possibly carries a bit of weight?

Cheeky arrogant little freak if true

Bizarre comment if true really, specially his assistant is Italian (Roberto Di Matteo)

People say AVB is a very good manager and he's doing a great job BUT based on what?
He doesn't have a clue what he's doing IMO, his selections are terrible, his substitutions are double terrible.

My money is on AVB to be sacked if Chelsea loses/draw to Napoli and crash out of the CL which they probably will, and the Italian (Roberto Di Matteo) will carry on and possibly we could see Ray Wilkins back in the fold.

SWP's back said:
alky313 said:
A statement on Manchester City's official website read: "Manchester City have reached an agreement with Valencia over the transfer of David Silva.

"The player's advisers and officials from both clubs have finalised the details over a four-year contract, which will bring the 24-year-old to City of Manchester Stadium. He will complete his medical and officially become a City player once his involvement in the World Cup is over."

From Espn.com.
eh?

Think he got his threads mixed up. :)

SingBlue said:
You have to admire a man who sticks to his principles, he claims he doesn't want to build a team that is "organised, efficient, well-balanced" and he certainly hasn't allowed organization, balance or efficiency to affect his work at Chelsea.

But of course that may be unfair, maybe we should judge him on his much lauded achievements at Porto.

If only there was some way to measure City against a great team like Porto. Then we could see how far we are behind his vision of how a team should be built. If only we could play them one day in some sort of inter country tournament of some kind. Maybe over 2 legs, home and away, so it's fair. I wonder what the aggregate score would be if such a thing were possible.

Then we'd know if he was right or not.

mutley.gif

grandsolo said:
SingBlue said:
You have to admire a man who sticks to his principles, he claims he doesn't want to build a team that is "organised, efficient, well-balanced" and he certainly hasn't allowed organization, balance or efficiency to affect his work at Chelsea.

But of course that may be unfair, maybe we should judge him on his much lauded achievements at Porto.

If only there was some way to measure City against a great team like Porto. Then we could see how far we are behind his vision of how a team should be built. If only we could play them one day in some sort of inter country tournament of some kind. Maybe over 2 legs, home and away, so it's fair. I wonder what the aggregate score would be if such a thing were possible.

Then we'd know if he was right or not.

mutley.gif

Have always said....you cant argue with the truth..

Don't actually dislike him but I just feel sad for him. Every fan can clearly see that Chelsea will not win anything this season and that AVB will get sacked. He said he refuses to build a team like us and all I have to say is go on and do it. At the end of the season we will see what method is more successful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.