AVB: "I refuse to build a team like City...

395320_10151394604670145_860780144_23261302_2060491351_n.jpg

Very strange & disappointing comments from AVB to be honest he usually seems very level headed. It's a typical stereotype that was put to bed at the back end of last season, yes we're are organised like an Italian side, which is fantastic considering they're the hardest teams to break down in the world, but to say we set up negatively after we've scored 90+ goals is just pure short sited stupidity.

As for the money dig, meh, look at the club you're managing.

The Fat el Hombre said:
... I don't like the standards of their football". "city is an italian team, they follow the italian standards."

This has come from a portugese journalist and is being retweeted by Duncan Castles which possibly carries a bit of weight?

Cheeky arrogant little freak if true

I don't like the standards of their football". "city is an italian team, they follow the italian standards."

Or the fact that we are a much better footballing side than you

To be honest, putting aside the natural "what did you say about my mum" reaction that his comments have had, I don't see what the big deal is. He's said nothing different than Slur Alex or Twitcher - he's just said it in a more pointed way. I don't expect our biggest rivals to be sucking us off .... quite the opposite I expect them to be doing everything in their power to put pressure on us. And i'll make no bones about the fact that in the years to come it isn't the rags Arsenal or Spurs I fear. It's Chelsea. With or without him in charge.

BillyShears said:
To be honest, putting aside the natural "what did you say about my mum" reaction that his comments have had, I don't see what the big deal is. He's said nothing different than Slur Alex or Twitcher - he's just said it in a more pointed way. I don't expect our biggest rivals to be sucking us off .... quite the opposite I expect them to be doing everything in their power to put pressure on us. And i'll make no bones about the fact that in the years to come it isn't the rags Arsenal or Spurs I fear. It's Chelsea. With or without him in charge.

We'll always have a huge advantage over them by being more stable and a better run club overall.
Abramovich will never be able to sit back and look upon the situation at Chelsea with any form of clarity or detachment. He will always undermine and interfere and that can't be a good thing.

stony said:
BillyShears said:

We'll always have a huge advantage over them by being more stable and a better run club overall.
Abramovich will never be able to sit back and look upon the situation at Chelsea with any form of clarity or detachment. He will always undermine and interfere and that can't be a good thing.

Agree with that - the only caveat being that I can actually see Roman talking a leaf out of the Sheikh's book and leaving AVB to it this summer. Most of the pressure on him is due to their particularly poor season. Were they comfortably 4th for example, I imagine there'd be little or no pressure on him.

A statement on Manchester City's official website read: "Manchester City have reached an agreement with Valencia over the transfer of David Silva.

"The player's advisers and officials from both clubs have finalised the details over a four-year contract, which will bring the 24-year-old to City of Manchester Stadium. He will complete his medical and officially become a City player once his involvement in the World Cup is over."

From Espn.com.

I read about this on a chelsea blog where the Blogger saw these comments and also objected to them. Then he actually did some digging and - inevitably - found it's all a deliberate misquoting. What AVB said is that "City are single-mindedly fixated on winning [referring to questions about chelsea keeping up with city in the table]. I wouldn't be surprised to find them in Italy" - not a direct quote but the gist of what he said. His comments weren't about our playing style, they were about our squad and manager mentality.

Once again this forum falls hook, line and sinker for your typical media word-twisting without even a second's thought for the truth. Seriously, this is why the press find it so easy to mock and slander City fans - because they can manipulate us into a rage without even trying, and we never once stop to think that we're being played like puppets...

Falastur said:
I read about this on a chelsea blog where the Blogger saw these comments and also objected to them. Then he actually did some digging and - inevitably - found it's all a deliberate misquoting. What AVB said is that "City are single-mindedly fixated on winning [referring to questions about chelsea keeping up with city in the table]. I wouldn't be surprised to find them in Italy" - not a direct quote but the gist of what he said. His comments weren't about our playing style, they were about our squad and manager mentality.

Once again this forum falls hook, line and sinker for your typical media word-twisting without even a second's thought for the truth. Seriously, this is why the press find it so easy to mock and slander City fans - because they can manipulate us into a rage without even trying, and we never once stop to think that we're being played like puppets...

The knives have been out for AVB since he started upsetting Fat Fwank and his entitled cronies at Chelsea. The media have been pushing for his sacking pretty consistently since then. It's sickening to watch and since I support a club who are also in the unenviable position of having a manager who isn't part of the LMA old boy's network, I can't help but have a modicum of sympathy for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.