AVB: "I refuse to build a team like City...

I don't see the issue you're taking with this. If I recall, he complemented your side with descriptions like "organised, balanced and efficient". It doesn't take a genius to realise that his Porto side was practically the opposite of what Mancini has done here. The journalist probably asked him to draw comparisons. The three best teams I believe the Premiership has ever seen have all used incredibly different styles.

Duncan Castles with his latest exclusive:

Coach Andre Villas-Boas teeters on the brink at Chelsea

Andre Villas-Boas has been told that his future as the manager of Chelsea is dependent on keeping his team in this season's Champions League.

Roman Abramovich's continued support of the Portuguese's "project" to overhaul the English club's squad and playing style hinges on eliminating Napoli in two weeks' time, according to sources close to Villas-Boas.

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/coach-andre-villas-boas-teeters-on-the-brink-at-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... at-chelsea</a>

AVB: "I refuse to build a team like City...

LoveCity said:
Duncan Castles with his latest exclusive:

Coach Andre Villas-Boas teeters on the brink at Chelsea

Andre Villas-Boas has been told that his future as the manager of Chelsea is dependent on keeping his team in this season's Champions League.

Roman Abramovich's continued support of the Portuguese's "project" to overhaul the English club's squad and playing style hinges on eliminating Napoli in two weeks' time, according to sources close to Villas-Boas.

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/coach-andre-villas-boas-teeters-on-the-brink-at-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... at-chelsea</a>

Well he's fucked then can't see him turning the Napoli result around

Classic sign of a manager under immense pressure,he chooses to take a swipe at City to deflect any attention away from himself.

They wont make next seasons champions league,they wont win fuck all this season either.He has lost the respect of all his players,if he ever had any in the first place.Said at the start of the season he's totally out of his depth.he'll be getting his p45 in May.

Castiel said:
I don't see the issue you're taking with this. If I recall, he complemented your side with descriptions like "organised, balanced and efficient". It doesn't take a genius to realise that his Porto side was practically the opposite of what Mancini has done here. The journalist probably asked him to draw comparisons. The three best teams I believe the Premiership has ever seen have all used incredibly different styles.

AVB has form for taking digs at City regardless of whether these particular quotes have been taken out of context or not. He's been at it all season, i think that's the issue people are taking with him. I actually quite liked him and wished him well when he got the job, not anymore.

redmizzle said:
AVB has form for taking digs at City regardless of whether these particular quotes have been taken out of context or not. He's been at it all season, i think that's the issue people are taking with him. I actually quite liked him and wished him well when he got the job, not anymore.
Examples? I don't recall AVB slating ANY clubs so far. His battles have been with the officials and the media themselves.

Castiel said:
Which are these three?

Chelsea 05
Arse invincibles
Us now?<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 pm --<br /><br />
Castiel said:
redmizzle said:
Examples? I don't recall AVB slating ANY clubs so far. His battles have been with the officials and the media themselves.
He has plenty of times.

"City are media darkings"
"Porto are too strong for City"

To name just two mentioned in this thread.

Castiel said:
redmizzle said:

I believe it is taken out of context tbh and he is not meaning to be nasty here.

If i were a chelsea fan though i would be pissed of at his mentality. If i was in his position i would do whatever is immediatly needed to steady his own ship.
I would not be making such ill thought out comments.
Between the lines i read it as...

"I want my own teams identity and that is paramount to me, success is not so important. City are strong and winning the league but that does not matter because of the style of play"

Beyond that he is totally wrong, we have our own unique mix of the best from all the top leagues imo and tactics that reflect that.

Castiel said:
redmizzle said:

I think SWP's back has answered that question for you, those were the exact instances i had in mind. I suppose they might seem trivial to you but then again you're a Chelsea fan. It seemed quite hypocritical of him saying we're media darlings and suggesting City never get criticised (at the time) when he himself was unhappy with the negative press Chelsea were getting (at the time).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.