AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

When I listen to him being interviewed it's always a long winded drawn out affair , even when asked basic simple questions , he can turn something that everyone would answer with a one word NO into a novel. I can't imagine what his team talks are like before a game. If I was to take a guess I'd imagine he could over complicate even the most basic stuff.

I've never seen a manager crouch down on the side of a pitch before and watch the game, it's not exactly the best vantage point, when he did it I wondered what he was looking at from down there.

Re: AVB Sacked

GHoddle said:
supercity88 said:
A ridiculous decision. Football has become such a short term game. Spurs are in the mix. They sold their star man and have bought well. You cannot deny that. Soldado is a good player, so is Paulinho, and Lamela and Erikson. They have to settle and answer their critics and find their style of play but they will improve. Despite having Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko etc we struggled to break teams down and score for long periods of time. They have the players, and they have a decent manager. Given time he would have improved results. I believe that if spuds had have lost 1-0 in both games he would still be in a job. Oh well. Will just cause more set backs for them I am sure. Wonder who will be on their radar.

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about imo. I'm not sure how often you watch Spurs games but I watch every game we play, sometimes multiple times, and I look for signs of improvement or anything changing. I also have an idea of AVB's mindset and what goes on in training. Unfortunately it's become quite obvious that it's not going to improve significantly.

As for who is on our radar, I think it will be a short term appointment (till the end of the season) of Sherwood or Capello.

Well you wont' be playing the Spurs way under Capello. IMO<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 am --<br /><br />
stony said:
Pigeonho said:
Pardew an outside bet?

Only if you like throwing money away

Well it looks like they do ;-)

It is a gamble but at least Tim Sherwood knows your club and maybe the ideal candidate on a interim basis. At least it isn't Glenn Hoddle ;). As for AVB he will be back in Football but there is no chance that he will get a job in England again.

AVB had the best win % of any Spurs manager in the Premier league era.

Markt85 said:
stony said:
AVB had the best win % of any Spurs manager in the Premier league era.

And yet took them backwards and spunked millions on shite. Happy days

Except they're not shite and he didn't pick them. The other bit is correct.

I hope they follow recent tradition and go for another ginger manager. Hands of Wee Davey though, he's needed elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.