AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

What a shambles from the club that brought you Sugar, Gross and Jol.

Lol if Hoddle's the short term choice. As for the longer term, Loud Rip and Pinocchio are no more proven than was AVB. Cue another costly merry-go-round.

This season keeps on giving.

MSP said:
He got new job already :D

1499578_10202260207523007_1625528920_n.jpg

Lol. Well spotted, MSP.

jared said:
supercrystal7 said:
I have a bit of sympathy for AVB despite the mistakes he has made. I think it is highly unlikely he did not buy any of the players. I think they bought terribly with no thoughts of team cohesion. They failed to strengthen their defence, which was very weak and everyone knew about it. Bought too many similar layers and left other areas woefully weak. Bought players from foreign leagues and then to make it worse only brought them in at the last minute all whilst selling their best player. He made mistakes and not tightening up when they were 2-0 down against City and Liverpool were the key ones for why he lost his job.

I dun understand why he is so enamored of that high defensive line. I mean I thought he would learn from past disastrous experiences like his old Chelsea against arsenal and his spurs against us this season. He just doesn't have the players for that.

I do find him quite likable though. Just from his relaxed friendly attitude to our players from viewing previous tunnel cam videos. Seems like a nice enough fella
The high line can work, but usually only if the front players put the opposition under pressure. Dortmund the last couple few years are a good example of a team with a high line, a sweeper keeper and great pressing. I know at Chelsea he wanted the front players to press, but they were just too lazy and too big to listen. I am not sure what went wrong at Tottenham for this not to happen.

Still the high line was very hit and miss. In the games it did not work it was disastrous, but for most of the season it did work and very well when you consider how weak Tottenham's defenders often were. AVB deserves the blame for not changing it in the games where it clearly was not working like the West Ham, Cit and Liverpool games.

Hard luck AVB.

I thought Levy was the best managing director/chairman since time began :D

Should have stuck with AVB for the season imo, still he didn't seem to have made any progress at all forming the players into a squad.

I recon they'll get Glenn Hoddle until the end of the season...

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Blue Hefner said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Sugar's a shit house.

What did he say?

Basically that AVB alone was responsible for the summer signings and that David (Levy) nor their director of football are not to bare any blame.
If that's true then he deserves the sack. I thought it was Levy and his DOF that chose the players, especially given the Lamela, Baldini, Roma triangle so I was a bit sympathetic towards AVB.

Hoddle looks likely - can't see any other obvious option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.