Average Speed Cameras, M62

I've no problem with the limit being dropped to 50MPH if it's intended to protect the blokes working on the new central reservation, but the cameras should be turned off at night when there's nobody working on the road.

urmston said:
Can't see the problem with any speed cameras myself.

You have to volunteer for a fine by breaking the speed limit so what's the problem?
sent from my pulpit using holier-than-thou-phone
if you spend more time staring at the speedo than the road ahead you are driving dangerously.
just as standing did not cause death at hillsborough,speed does not cause accidents: bad driving does,specifically tail-gating causes the escalation of accidents into multiple pile-ups.Bad driving.As long as the police and govnt treat the motorist as a profit stream,road safety will never be anything other than window dressing for yet more scams.ACPO decide what equipment is to be used for traffic management.ACPO own the company that supplies the equipment that (ycmiu) they recommend.When there is a choice between profit and lives could you be certain of the outcome?

bellbuzzer said:
urmston said:
Can't see the problem with any speed cameras myself.

You have to volunteer for a fine by breaking the speed limit so what's the problem?
sent from my pulpit using holier-than-thou-phone
if you spend more time staring at the speedo than the road ahead you are driving dangerously.
just as standing did not cause death at hillsborough,speed does not cause accidents: bad driving does,specifically tail-gating causes the escalation of accidents into multiple pile-ups.Bad driving.As long as the police and govnt treat the motorist as a profit stream,road safety will never be anything other than window dressing for yet more scams.ACPO decide what equipment is to be used for traffic management.ACPO own the company that supplies the equipment that (ycmiu) they recommend.When there is a choice between profit and lives could you be certain of the outcome?

Is this right, can you verify it at all, or give more information?

hisroyalblueness said:
The 'you can do 79 in a 70 limit' thing depends entirely on which police area you're in (it's a postcode lottery for speeding fines too!). If you're in north wales you'll get booked at an average of 70.00001 mph because they work on a no mercy principle (twats).

Is this true? I thought that there had to be a degree of tolerance in the camera equipment - more so with mobile equipment and this is where the 10% comes from.

I fucking hope so as I drive to N Wales a lot!

I've never spoken to anyone personally who has been done by these average speed cameras, however it was in the paper yesterday that the ones on the M60 near Stockport are the 4th highest grossing cameras in the UK.

as a guideline for when tickets are issued...ACPO (asociation of chief police officers) set the folllowing guideline

speed limit + 10% + 2mph tolerance

so this would mean: -

30mph + 10% = 33mph + 2mph tolerance = 35mph before you will get a ticket, although some have raised this to between 35-38 = you will get offered a speed awareness course...over 38mph = fined & points

30mph = allowed 35mph before ticket issued
40mph = 46mph before ticket issued
50mph = 57mph before ticket issued
60mph = 68mph before ticket issued
70mph = 79mph before ticket issued

-- Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:48 am --

Rammy Blue said:
I've never spoken to anyone personally who has been done by these average speed cameras, however it was in the paper yesterday that the ones on the M60 near Stockport are the 4th highest grossing cameras in the UK.

i got done 6 weeks ago on the a629 woodhead to barnsley bypass on the dual carriage way bit up the hill....did me for 62mph average in a 50mph zone ;(

I love all voluntary dick head driver taxes.
Keep my road tax down with all the numptys paying speeding fines.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44f_1320228029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44f_1320228029</a>

This system can track 30 cars at once.

I spend many an hour on our beloved motorways and when I come across these average cameras I do at least 5-7 mph over the suggested speed the whole way through rarely changing lanes and have never had a ticket!

Do these cameras even work? I go through the 50mph ones at 70mph all the time and dont slow down after them. Not once been given a ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.