Avoiding traffic is more important than city

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
If I was one of those players yesterday, City or Newcastle, and I had reached the end of the game to see an empty stadium, then I would be really pissed off. Distraught in fact.

Possibly. But maybe they should realise they are 15 points behind the scum and the defence of our title was over at Christmas? Just a thought...

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
If I was one of those players yesterday, City or Newcastle, and I had reached the end of the game to see an empty stadium, then I would be really pissed off. Distraught in fact.

You would have been the only one then - the rest would most likely be thinking about getting back to their fabulous lives where they're hero worshipped by many and can have the best of anything the world has to offer.
In fact I'd go as far to say that any player feeling "distraught" at the sight of a half empty stadium at the final whistle isn't mentally right to play the game in the first place.

Left on 90 minutes, jumped in a cab and was in the tib street tavern 5 minutes later. If I stay to the end I can't get a cab and it adds 30-40 minutes to get to the pub. When its 4-0 I can't be bothered with the hassle!

Ok distraught is OTT but Im sure they were amazed that so many people left so early. I know they are here for the money but if our top players had itchy feet the fans are not exactly making them feel wanted or appreciated. Saying that the club needs to take responsibility about the situation by sorting out the car park and work with police to help the traffic flow. That way the fans can stay till the end and still get home to watch ant and dec or help the wife with the pregnancy.

Bombo said:
It started on 79 minutes near me. Where do you have to go so urgently on a Saturday evening?

I think this is my favourite so far. Actually going to the trouble of making a mental note of when the bastards started leaving.

You can't be near me at least. I was well on my way back to the boozer by 79.

I went on 89. Because I had to get the 5.30 train back home for the short 4 hour and twenty minute ride home and also because I like running with my arms outstrectched like a plane, unhindered down the spiral pretending to be a spitfire.

I see loads of posts on this subject and i really don't see the big deal.Fans at every club slip away early,it has been going on in the 45 years i have been going to see City and it will be going on long after i am gone.

Yesterday we were 4-0 up and coasting,playing out time.It was obvious not much more excitement or goals would be coming so people slipped off.Understandable.Thay paid their money,turned up when the outcome wasn't so clear cut so showed their support.You can moan all you like on here,it won't stop them.

The ones who DO suprise me are the ones who leave early when it is a draw,or we are pressing for an equalizer,that IS baffling!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.