Avoiding traffic is more important than city

I ddn't get to my seat until the 20th minute because of work.

The lad next to me went to the bar on 40 to beat the rush. He and his mate take turns.

Just after the second half started, he said to me, "How come you missed 20 minutes and I missed five, yet you saw both goals and I didnt see either?"

Also, the bloke behind us had a tenner on Tévez first goal and 4-0 at 50/1.

That's paid for his trip to Wembley!

I have to hold my hands up as i left at 4-0 to catch the 5.35 train from piccadilly tho i will speak to virgin trains if it upsets the original poster and ask them to wait for me in future so i can stay !!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
only1paulsimpson said:
I left yesterday when it was 86mins, because I've had a operation on my leg and walking is quite difficult and painful at the moment..... And I pay my money so il leave when I want!!!
Any chance you could bring a note from your doctor to the next game?

It might diminish the embarrassment and humiliation of those that sit around you, if you can provide proof of your medical history.
Things is twenty thousand having the same op... Who da th'out it

There's always been two ways of looking at this issue

1) It's my money and I'll do what I want. Which is true.
and
2) It's crap support. Which is true.

I do think football has changed and many people go to matches for entertainment now. For those it's understandable that once their entertainment level has dropped they go home early. For others it's about a lot more than entertainment and regardless of the score/entertainment they stay to the end. I think it's fairly obvious the type of supporter the players would want. As long as you pay your money though I wouldn't think the club would not be too bothered.

LoveCity said:
Shirley said:
You do not see such mass evacuation at any other prem stadium on such a regular basis.

People will disagree but I watch quite a lot of games and haven't seen anything on the level of our early leavers when the home team isn't losing. United's ground empties fast but I'm not sure I've seen anything like yesterday, from my view that was the biggest evacuation (while we were winning) I can remember at the ground. Didn't have to queue up to get out of my aisle like usual at full-time because about 60% had gone.

It's down to complacency, most fans expect us to win these days especially at home, they sit back and relax safe in the knowledge they can watch anything they miss on sky or motd when they get home. The old passion has gone never to return its family entertainment these days like it or not. I don't like the early leavers although some people with walking difficulties, or people heading off to work are understandable. It takes me about ten/fifteenminutes longer to drive home when there is a match on than what it would do normally, hardly the end of he world.

Is it me or is this leaving early a relatively recent phenomenon?, even as little as 3 seasons ago i'm pretty certain we didn't see such a mass exodus so early.

Bombo said:
LoveCity said:
Shirley said:
You do not see such mass evacuation at any other prem stadium on such a regular basis.

People will disagree but I watch quite a lot of games and haven't seen anything on the level of our early leavers when the home team isn't losing. United's ground empties fast but I'm not sure I've seen anything like yesterday, from my view that was the biggest evacuation (while we were winning) I can remember at the ground. Didn't have to queue up to get out of my aisle like usual at full-time because about 60% had gone.

It's down to complacency, most fans expect us to win these days especially at home, they sit back and relax safe in the knowledge they can watch anything they miss on sky or motd when they get home. The old passion has gone never to return its family entertainment these days like it or not. I don't like the early leavers although some people with walking difficulties, or people heading off to work are understandable. It takes me about ten/fifteenminutes longer to drive home when there is a match on than what it would do normally, hardly the end of he world.

You do see it at all grounds and some are a lot worse. One of the worse culprits went down last season though, but there are plenty as bad or worse.

Norwich seem to be pretty good at staying behind judging from our 6-1.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
M11 3FF said:
It seems it's coincided with the new tram service which is weird?
Have you fucking tried queuing for that after the game?

It's like waiting for bread in the Soviet Union.

Ha ha best laugh i have had today,brilliant!!!

I stick to the buses,yesterday they moved pretty quickly and were in town in about 10 minutes.....mind you i did leave at 16:30.....joke,lol!!!

You think metrolink would line a few trams up,fill them and go,probably some reason they can't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.